Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Songs/Music that says it better than you can

Re: Songs/Music that says it better than you can

You've got me digging them out now FMP.
    This song has been a great uplift for struggling, getting through the day / night, feeling alone, facing fears, worry...
    Also helping to sleep when feeling anxious...

https://youtu.be/Si5aH1sg7gU?feature=shared

This next song was written by a brilliant songwriter in my opinion. And the one I have chosen is a song I used to sing to my mum and basically drive her mad (not literally).
    I love his lyrics and it's hard to choose the one that stands out as his best so in the end I chose the one that reminded me of mum and I in the kitchen and me singing to her while she rolled her eyes, lol.

https://youtu.be/DmAOBosGlHY?feature=shared

I lost a dear friend of over 40 years over the summer. He called me to tell me he was stopping treatment for kidney/liver failure and going into hospice. That same day, I was watching some cute/funny dog/cat video and this song was the sound track. It caught my ear and I looked up some of the lyric and discovered Loving Caliber - The Rivers Gonna Cry When You're Gone

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 05-12-23 at 12:04.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ahhh yes... Cat Stevens and Paul Simon. Paul Simon (Simon and Garfunkel) was one of the biggest influences in my musical career as was 'Cat'/Yusef. I do a mini set of Paul and 'Cat' in my show. In fact, the very first LP I ever owned was 'Wednesday Morning 3am' by Simon and Garfunkel.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I love that 'Rivers gone cry when you're gone'.

Poppy, I've never listened to John Denver, I'm going to have a listen.

Lots of good ones, Carnation! I really like Simon and Garfunkel as well; my mom was cleaning house a couple of years back and gave me a bunch of her and my dad's old records and they were big fans. We have good songs today too, but I feel like that era of music was really soulful.

Hope you enjoy some John Denver, he's got some really great ones that are less popular (but his popular hits are great too). We used to listen to his music a lot growing up, especially on family road trips, so it's always been comforting to me. But recently I've noticed a lot of his lyrics really hit home.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I had an interesting day. I work in fraud for a major financial company and to say my job is stressful is an understatement. I'm thankful for the opportunity at my age but it knocks the poo out of me most days. I had a good day today though. I had my yearly review and exceeded expectations. Come bonus time, that's going to be a nice chunk of change I have a couple of years until retirement and despite the stress, I'm looking forward to 'Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls'

FMP

Congrats!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Have you ever been in a relationship where you love each other dearly but know it's just not the time and it's not going to work? I have. I recall this song when I was going through that situation in my life and it says it better than I ever could. Graham Nash and Joni Mitchell were a couple at the time and both of them wrote about their feelings. This version from Graham Nash really nails it. And when David Crosby walks on and does the harmony? *chills*

Simple Man - Graham Nash

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 07-12-23 at 01:31.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information