Thread: Buspar info ?

Buspar info ?

Does anyone have any experience with Buspar for GAD and PA?

Thanks

Re: Buspar info ?

Claire

I don't know much about it but use the search facility to look for previous threads or scroll down to the bottom of this page for Similar threads

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Claire

I have posted information about Buspar in this section..i posted it on the 10/11/07 may be of some help to you.

I have taken it for 7 weeks and feel it did help with Anxiety a little but not to the extent that i needed it to and am now coming off it and taking an Anti depressant.

It did not help with my panicky feelings and it wont help with Depression, its mainly for Anxiety.

This does not mean it wont work for you, as said before everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another..so dont let me put you off...i am going theough a real bad patch at the moment and its just not enough to help me.

If you need any more advice feel free to ask

All the best
    Carmel

Thank you for this info, I appreciate it greatly!

Quote Originally Posted by CarmR View Post
    Hi Claire

I have posted information about Buspar in this section..i posted it on the 10/11/07 may be of some help to you.

I have taken it for 7 weeks and feel it did help with Anxiety a little but not to the extent that i needed it to and am now coming off it and taking an Anti depressant.

It did not help with my panicky feelings and it wont help with Depression, its mainly for Anxiety.

This does not mean it wont work for you, as said before everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another..so dont let me put you off...i am going theough a real bad patch at the moment and its just not enough to help me.

If you need any more advice feel free to ask

All the best
    Carmel
    Hi Carmel,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it. I'm sorry Buspar didn't work out for you. I'm looking at it as a last resort because none of the SSRI's work for me. Luckily I don't have depression, but severe anxiety and panic/agoraphobia. I hope this might be able to help- I'll just have to try and see.

I do have a question, if you don't mind. Are there any noticable side effects? I don't mind waiting awhile to see if it works (I hear it can take a month or more) but I just can't tolerate side effects. Just curious if you had any. Were you taking it with anything else or just alone?

Thanks again!

Thread Information