Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: having a blip,,,

having a blip,,,

hello everyone, long time no see...

(this is mostly for venting so no urgent need to respond, but you can, it is greatly appreciated) <3

i was doing really well for a year or so, didnt have any health anxiety, got diagnosed with bipolar II, took meds,
    but now im crashing back down, im basically bedridden again, i cant walk, cant write and my arms feel funny, ive been to the ER and they didnt do much other than take some bloods. i dont have insurance at the moment so i dont know whats going on, and i cant see a primary right now. im scared its something neurological, ive kind of cold turkey-ed my meds, and everyone thinks thats the reason, but im not sure. i wish i could see a neurologist...
    Last edited by lanerbanana; 10-12-23 at 22:34.

Re: having a blip,,,

I don’t have advice but didn’t want to read & run. I’m sorry you’re having a bad spot. I’m sure it’ll pass, but I don’t know what to offer in terms of healthcare. Can you not see who it is who prescribes your medication?

It sounds like you are exhausted reading your post. Without knowing your background or circumstances it's not easy to give advise. Coming off meds cold-turkey style might have an affect but it could also be physiological. All meds should be weaned off to avoid sudden changes in the body. Have you had your blood test results yet? And would you discuss this with your GP? In the meantime plenty of rest sounds like it's in order.

i tried to call my therapy building but my psych only does in person visits and im staying out of city (its over an hour).

i am exhausted, i wanna know what actually is wrong instead of being told to just go to the emergency room (done that already, they didnt help much), and i was having symptoms even when i was taking the meds again for only like a few days. im trying really hard to be logical about things but im really beginning to think my med disabled me. im trying to believe ill get better but its hard. i dont know how much is anxiety and how much is real. i have an appointment with my moms doc (out of pocket) on the 20th, thankfully, but my dad saw her and said its because of the cold turkeying the med too and your brain becomes dependent. i wish i had the opportunity to see a neurologist,,,

oh yeah, ingot my blood results back while i was in the ER - i had low potassium but thats about it, nothing else
    Last edited by lanerbanana; 09-12-23 at 06:07.

had a shower, legs still felt weak but i didnt fall or anything i havent fallen or anything but im scared im going to tbh, but i am glad that i got a clean up in, feel better

8. Re: having a blip,,,

I understand your concern and frustration. It's important to remember that abruptly stopping your medication could definitely contribute to your current symptoms. However, it's also crucial to rule out any underlying neurological issues. While you wait to see a neurologist, consider restarting your medication. It's important to consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication regimen. In the meantime, focus on getting enough rest, staying hydrated, and eating healthy foods. You can also try relaxation techniques like meditation or deep breathing to help manage your stress. Remember, you're not alone in this, and with proper care and support, you can feel better again.
    I understand your concern and frustration. It's important to remember that abruptly stopping your medication could definitely contribute to your current symptoms. However, it's also crucial to rule out any underlying neurological issues. While you wait to see a neurologist, consider restarting your medication. It's important to consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication regimen. In the meantime, focus on getting enough rest, staying hydrated, and eating healthy foods. You can also try relaxation techniques like meditation or deep breathing to help manage your stress. Remember, you're not alone in this, and with proper care and support, you can feel better again.

ive been feeling okay today, i did my ocd check things and i was able to do them which was a relief, i know i shouldn't but right now i feel like its all i have. i dont see my therapist till the 23rd. i see my doc on the 20th, i hope honestly she refers me to a neurologist. still having a bit of trouble walking but i am seeing small improvements. my fear is theyre not going to find whats wrong with me, or find the cause.

i keep flip flopping between it being neurological and muscular, it could be either or or it could be both too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information