Thread: Feeling very worried

Feeling very worried

I am feeling quite panicked about the prospect of having ALS, I have been mildly concerned about it for a couple of years but these new symptoms have made me feel quite scared.

For almost a month I've been experience this feeling in my nerve in my left index finger. It doesn't happen all the time, but it feels like a sharp kind of snapping/electric shock feeling and only happens when I extend my index finger outwards in certain positions. I've also been experiencing a sensation of numbness and tingling in the same finger every now and then.

I've been reading the 'ALS and why you don't have it' thread, and have read how any kind of sensation wouldn't be a symptom as this would impact sensory nerves. Does this sound like it could be the case here? I am just feeling so anxious and can't get the fear of ALS out of my head. I would really appreciate any thoughts. For context I am a 26m.

Re: Feeling very worried

I have had a lot of finger twitching, pain and stiffness in my fingers and it's gone away. My friend also had it after a bike crash. Its the nerves and it doesn't necessarily mean ALS. A shock or stress can cause this and so can anxiety!

Thread Information