Thread: UTI?

UTI?

A few days ago I was woken in the night feeling the need to pee and with a mild stinging pain in the very tip of my penis. I went to the bathroom and it didn't hurt at all when I peed. I went back to bed and the slight sting continued in waves for a little. That feeling went away completely after that but it has made me very worried about having a UTI.

I bought some test strips you can do at home. Pee on the strip, wait a couple minutes and compare colours. I've done 4 and all have the same result. One of the two test patches is negative and the other is either negative or the first AKA lowest positive (the colours are so close together and every time it feels like the result is between the two). I've been worrying about it a lot and today I've developed a pain around my bladder. It feels like a muscle ache, as if the area has been tense too long or too much. My pee also occassionally smells a bit strong but that might be dehydration. This has only made me more worried about infection. My wife tells me it's anxiety. That the test strips over three days remain the same, that the anxiety is causing the tension in my bladder... Logically what she says makes sense but my anxiety is anything but logical.

My cousin had a wife who died of a kidney infection that start with a UTI. It's made it something I'm really vigilant about.

Do I have reason to be worried or am I going crazy obver nothing?

Re: UTI?

It might be dehydration at certain times of the day. It wouldn't hurt to increase your fluid intake, especially water. Cranberry juice is good for keeping away any potential UTI or infection. See how it goes in the next few days. My partner has had this a few times but rights itself after drinking a bit more.

Thread Information