Thread: Waking up in the middle of the night confused? Anyone had this?

Waking up in the middle of the night confused? Anyone had this?

Last night I was trying to sleep and must of fell asleep at some point because suddenly I woke up on my back. I can’t remember exactly what happened but I felt confused and disoriented. I was also panicking as I had some sort of pain. I sat up and noticed I felt heavy/dizzy. Then was like “where am I?” I then laid back down and was thinking I want my boyfriend and tried to look for him next to me but I’m at home not with him. I quickly realised all of this. I then just noticed I had a stiff painful neck I guess from the way I was sleeping and some pain in my hands. I stretched a bit and went back to sleep but there have been a couple times I have woken up confused like this the last few weeks. This was the only time I was in pain though. Anyone else had this? Is it related to anxiety? I think it happened a few times when I was anxious in the past but not as frequent.

Re: Waking up in the middle of the night confused? Anyone had this?

I think this is quite normal. I sometimes wake up thinking I'm somewhere else.
    A few nights ago I thought I was in my childhood bedroom, where my parents haven't lived in a few years so I haven't stayed there in ages. I think it's just when something wakes us up out of a deep sleep, whether it's a sound or in your case pain from possibly sleeping in a bad position, and then it takes a few seconds to get your bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    I think this is quite normal. I sometimes wake up thinking I'm somewhere else.
    A few nights ago I thought I was in my childhood bedroom, where my parents haven't lived in a few years so I haven't stayed there in ages. I think it's just when something wakes us up out of a deep sleep, whether it's a sound or in your case pain from possibly sleeping in a bad position, and then it takes a few seconds to get your bearings.
    Funnily enough in the very early hours of one morning last week I woke up coughing my guts up and of course needed the toilet at the same time.

Trouble is I went to the bathroom and actually ended up in the spare bedroom which is at the front of our house and the upstairs bathroom is at the rear. Reason being, at our previous house, the upstairs bathroom was at the front of the house (where the front spare bedroom is in our current house) and vice versa, despite the fact that we moved out of our previous house nearly 40 years ago (spring 1985), but apart from the bathroom and spare bedroom, the upstairs part of both houses is virtually identical, including the landing and stairwell, and I have always slept in the main rear bedroom in both houses.

Dead creepy, and indeed seemed like this endless 'virus' that I've had for over a fortnight now (while now starting to show signs of petering out at long last), caused mild traces of 'dementia' within my mind, even though I'm still only 46.

But thankfully it only seemed like just a one-off.

Omg all the time, I've woken up and wondered who I was, where I was - it was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me. I literally forgot who I was!
    x

Thread Information