Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a merry Christmas, and wishing you all the best for 2024.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you Wired.
    And everyone else.

Happy Christmas everyone

Same to you James, have a good one.

Ghost…Spillways

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Christmas for me is special but for other reasons than the traditional sense. For one, this is our doggie's birthday. Tasha was born, by best estimations from the rescue, between the 23rd and 26th of December of 2020. We chose Christmas as her birthday as she has been a truly wonderful gift to our lives. Happy 3rd birthday to our sweet, goofy and loving big baby girl Tasha Elizabeth.

Most of all, it was on this date in 2013 that I proposed to my wife. We got together in July of 2011. I had planned on proposing to her in 2012 but in November of 2012, after my 2nd heart attack and triple stent surgery, I was diagnosed with cancer. I spent most of 2013 fighting the dragon and recovering from treatment. I wanted to propose so I planned to ask her on Christmas on 2013. I bought the ring and used 'A Christmas Story' as the way I would do so. If you're familiar with the movie, Ralphie's ultimate Christmas gift was a BB gun. So Christmas comes and they open all the gifts and Ralphie's Dad asked him if Santa brought everything he wished for. He say's with pang of disappointment on his voice 'yes'. Then his Dad points to a gift behind the tree and it was the BB gun.

So I went all out for Christmas for my wife. Lot's and lot's of gifts and things she mentioned for months. My wife is from South America and her family tradition was to go to midnight mass at the church, come home, have a Christmas dinner and then open presents. So our Christmas tradition is to stay up until midnight (taking a nap during the day helps), We pour a glass of champagne and open presents at midnight. We're typically up until 2am and then head to bed. So, we opened all our gifts and I said, "so that's everything.... did Santa bring you all you wanted?" She replied 'yes' and as if on queue, you could hear that tiny bit of disappointment in her voice and I know she thought I would propose. Well I had the ring in my pocket and then stood up, took it out, got on my knee and proposed. She said yes and we'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary on her birthday in June (yes, we married on her birthday ).

So for me, Christmas is the day my Chiquita said yes . We've both been through so much in our lives and faced many challenges together but the fact we're 'together' is what helped us overcome the adversities and find happiness together.

So Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year! May you all find that kind of love and support in your lives.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-12-23 at 23:29.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Lovely post FMP
    Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Lovely post FMP
    Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!
    Same to you and yours Carnation!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Happy Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Christmas for me is special but for other reasons than the traditional sense. For one, this is our doggie's birthday. Tasha was born, by best estimations from the rescue, between the 23rd and 26th of December of 2020. We chose Christmas as her birthday as she has been a truly wonderful gift to our lives. Happy 3rd birthday to our sweet, goofy and loving big baby girl Tasha Elizabeth.

Most of all, it was on this date in 2013 that I proposed to my wife. We got together in July of 2011. I had planned on proposing to her in 2012 but in November of 2012, after my 2nd heart attack and triple stent surgery, I was diagnosed with cancer. I spent most of 2013 fighting the dragon and recovering from treatment. I wanted to propose so I planned to ask her on Christmas on 2013. I bought the ring and used 'A Christmas Story' as the way I would do so. If you're familiar with the movie, Ralphie's ultimate Christmas gift was a BB gun. So Christmas comes and they open all the gifts and Ralphie's Dad asked him if Santa brought everything he wished for. He say's with pang of disappointment on his voice 'yes'. Then his Dad points to a gift behind the tree and it was the BB gun.

So I went all out for Christmas for my wife. Lot's and lot's of gifts and things she mentioned for months. My wife is from South America and her family tradition was to go to midnight mass at the church, come home, have a Christmas dinner and then open presents. So our Christmas tradition is to stay up until midnight (taking a nap during the day helps), We pour a glass of champagne and open presents at midnight. We're typically up until 2am and then head to bed. So, we opened all our gifts and I said, "so that's everything.... did Santa bring you all you wanted?" She replied 'yes' and as if on queue, you could hear that tiny bit of disappointment in her voice and I know she thought I would propose. Well I had the ring in my pocket and then stood up, took it out, got on my knee and proposed. She said yes and we'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary on her birthday in June (yes, we married on her birthday ).

So for me, Christmas is the day my Chiquita said yes . We've both been through so much in our lives and faced many challenges together but the fact we're 'together' is what helped us overcome the adversities and find happiness together.

So Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year! May you all find that kind of love and support in your lives.

FMP
    Thank you for sharing FMP. I really enjoyed that, it's so sweet. Did Tasha get to feast on turkey and gammon?

My boy has his ear infection back. I am waiting for the vets to call me back so I can pick up antibiotics. He has ear hematoma again :( But he's had lots of meat and vegetables (the safe ones).

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information