Thread: Always tired/sleeping after Covid [WORRIED]

Unhappy Always tired/sleeping after Covid [WORRIED]

41 year old male, not overweight (actually a bit underweight)

I caught Covid Dec. 15 but it hit me like a ton of bricks on Dec. 18 (9 days ago), including body aches, fever, night sweats, etc. which lasted 3-4 days

What is worrying me right now is the initial "bang" is done but I am still very tired and I sleep about 12 hours a night whereas most my life I've always averaged around 6-9 hours of sleep.

This is making me pretty paranoid and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. I'm starting to worry maybe it's my heart, or whatever (I've always been inclined to worry way too much about my heart).

Re: Always tired/sleeping after Covid [WORRIED]

Quote Originally Posted by n3r0x1k View Post
    41 year old male, not overweight (actually a bit underweight)

I caught Covid Dec. 15 but it hit me like a ton of bricks on Dec. 18 (9 days ago), including body aches, fever, night sweats, etc. which lasted 3-4 days

What is worrying me right now is the initial "bang" is done but I am still very tired and I sleep about 12 hours a night whereas most my life I've always averaged around 6-9 hours of sleep.

This is making me pretty paranoid and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. I'm starting to worry maybe it's my heart, or whatever (I've always been inclined to worry way too much about my heart).
    I think you should probably be OK, especially as up until now the media have hardly been bombarding us with lurid tales of widespread hospitalisations and deaths attributed to the current predominant strains of Covid, which they surely still would have been if the current Covid situation was still as precarious as it was in 2020-21, plus there would no doubt still be restrictions in place which have now long been given the heave-ho.

Just hang on in there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I think you should probably be OK, especially as up until now the media have hardly been bombarding us with lurid tales of widespread hospitalisations and deaths attributed to the current predominant strains of Covid, which they surely still would have been if the current Covid situation was still as precarious as it was in 2020-21, plus there would no doubt still be restrictions in place which have now long been given the heave-ho.

Just hang on in there buddy.
    Thanks a lot for having taken the time to reply Sleepwise it's become less recurrent since, now I sleep between 8-11h per day so that's already progress

Quote Originally Posted by n3r0x1k View Post
    Thanks a lot for having taken the time to reply Sleepwise it's become less recurrent since, now I sleep between 8-11h per day so that's already progress
    That's good news.

Thread Information