Thread: Breast reassurance after appointment

Breast reassurance after appointment

I’m back again heading down the breast spiral!
    I had been doing so well and all of a sudden had an urge to check my breast and it’s send me in a state of panic.
    I have small glandular breasts so lumpiness isn’t abnormal but what I felt was different. On the rub under the breast I felt a hard knot ( smooth but felt like bone with a bit of something stuck to it.
    I’m so sorry from pressing and feeling it that I managed to get a GP appointment this morning. A lovely doctor who very throughly felt my breast sitting and laying, arms up and down and said there was nothing she was concern about and what I feel it gladular tissue over the rib or just the way the rib sticks out a bit further but either way she’s not worried and told me to look at her in her eyes while she said “ I don’t feel anything I’m concerned about”
    But….. she said in a refer you for extra reassurance to the breast clinic I said I don’t want to u less she felt a need which she said I would not send so one who didn’t have anxiety for what Ian feeling it would just be for my piece of mind. I still said I’d rather not go down the route of test and test so she said she will see me again in 3 weeks for a check again( she told me not to check myself in the mean time) and to discuss my medication as she re started me on sertaline.

Why can I let this appointment reassure me, why do I question if she actually felt what I feel?
    She was so nice and I left feeling great but an hour later I’m doubting it all.

Does anyone else have this doubts after a reassuring appointment?

Thank you 😊

Reassurance

I’m back again heading down the breast spiral!
    I had been doing so well and all of a sudden had an urge to check my breast and it’s send me in a state of panic.
    I have small glandular breasts so lumpiness isn’t abnormal but what I felt was different. On the rub under the breast I felt a hard knot ( smooth but felt like bone with a bit of something stuck to it.
    I’m so sorry from pressing and feeling it that I managed to get a GP appointment this morning. A lovely doctor who very throughly felt my breast sitting and laying, arms up and down and said there was nothing she was concern about and what I feel it gladular tissue over the rib or just the way the rib sticks out a bit further but either way she’s not worried and told me to look at her in her eyes while she said “ I don’t feel anything I’m concerned about”
    But….. she said in a refer you for extra reassurance to the breast clinic I said I don’t want to u less she felt a need which she said I would not send so one who didn’t have anxiety for what Ian feeling it would just be for my piece of mind. I still said I’d rather not go down the route of test and test so she said she will see me again in 3 weeks for a check again( she told me not to check myself in the mean time) and to discuss my medication as she re started me on sertaline.

Why can I let this appointment reassure me, why do I question if she actually felt what I feel?
    She was so nice and I left feeling great but an hour later I’m doubting it all.

Does anyone else have this doubts after a reassuring appointment?

Thank you 😊

Re: Breast reassurance after appointment

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information