Thread: is compulsive swallowing a thing?

is compulsive swallowing a thing?

Hi guys

Not been on here a while but need some advice. Yesterday evening I noticed I was focusing in on swallowing for some odd reason which of course only made me do it more and more. There's no pain and I don't actually think anything is just actually wrong but at night time yesterday and today I've noticed I'm hypersensitive about it.
    I randomly had this though a month or so ago but it literally lasted an hour or so before I just forgot about it.
    I've been sleeping really bad lately and feel a little down....its like my brain is trying to find something wrong.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Re: is compulsive swallowing a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    Hi guys

Not been on here a while but need some advice. Yesterday evening I noticed I was focusing in on swallowing for some odd reason which of course only made me do it more and more. There's no pain and I don't actually think anything is just actually wrong but at night time yesterday and today I've noticed I'm hypersensitive about it.
    I randomly had this though a month or so ago but it literally lasted an hour or so before I just forgot about it.
    I've been sleeping really bad lately and feel a little down....its like my brain is trying to find something wrong.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Update on this

I stupidly read more stuff and then decided to ask my mate and my other half how often they would swallow (no jokes please lol). I actually took it as far as to get them to count the amount they swallowed in a minute (sleep was a nightmare again which fed in to this).

Anyway both (neither have health anxiety) actually counted more times then me in that minute which made me realise there isn't actually anything wrong. I'm just ridiculously hyper sensitive about normal body functions due to sleep issues which is my usual trigger and alcohol most likely(Christmas period and all)

Annoying because I've actually been good for a while now. Anyway I've got 2 lovely kids now and not gonna allow my brain to get me in that nasty cycle again. Peace and love.

Thread Information