Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else have this illness going around? It's rife here.

Re: Anybody else have this illness going around? It's rife here.

Freaking out a bit. My breathing feels labored. I was out of breath walking the dog up a small hill. I never usually get out of breath when walking up that hill. Now my HA is telling me I've damaged my heart. Was out of breath walking up steps to my floor in my block. Literally just got rid of HA with the lump in my mouth and now I'm worrying over the heart again. Doctor has no immediate appointments in surgery but having a phone consultation at 2 and likely some antibiotics.

Do you think if I didn't walk to and from the vets I wouldn't be in this situation? Is it actually possible that it worsened things?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

7 days worth of antibiotics. Chest infection. Was told I would have got it anyway regardless of the walk. It's a secondary infection following the COVID. Although I didn't test, my uncle did and he got it from me. I'm really surprised the media isn't on this. Everybody I know has had it, or currently has it.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

It's been exactly 1 month today (which has gone crazy fast tbh!) and still having post-COVID symptoms. At night, and in the morning, my throat becomes dry and some pain. It's about a 2/10. In the morning I'm always bunged up. After my wash and cup of tea disappears.

It's minor, but it's definitely something that's there and not anxiety related.

The ex is still on antibiotics. I've got a few days left of mine. She came down the other day to drop some bits off to me and by the time she got up the 3 flights of stairs to my flat she was struggling for breath. She is improving, but it's crazy how long this has gone on for us both.

I'm not that bad, but when walking the dog if he pulls me I do get out of breath quicker than usual.

☪️️

I'm still ill. Sore throat and cough still present. The ex had to go doctors yesterday she's in a bad way. She has her 3rd (or 4th) set of antibiotics, an inhaler and a lung function test. I'm still struggling to breath too getting out of breath badly. Dog was pulling me yesterday on his new harness and I got so out of breath I had to stop for a minute. This isn't like me at all.

☪️️

Finally better. Sore throat gone, the strange pains in my face and head have gone.

I have some breathlessness that is worrying me but I don't know if it's anxiety. I walk the dog around the little wooded area next to my house, and there's a route with small hills and mounds. So I take the dog route as it's a bit of a physical challenge for both of us.

I noticed I was out of breath, like I couldn't get enough air and was breathing fast and heavy. No other symptoms.

The next day I was worried to do the route again, but did it anyway. And I let myself get out of breath and ignore it. Told myself "You'll recover when you're at the top, just continue".

I felt better after doing this.

But then yesterday I took the bin down, and it's 3 flights of stairs back up. I got in the house and stopped, and then suddenly needed air and my heart was beating fast.

My anxiety is a bit wacky at the moment. Struggling to sleep, constant night terrors and panic attacks during the day are becoming a problem. I spend all my time checking my pulse. If I feel it's a bit fast I have to watch a cartoon.

So yeah, back in that cycle.

In terms of the illness though, feeling great now. It only last 5 weeks.

My friends wife is in a bad way in intensive care from this illness that went around. She's got secondary infections, and epstien syndrome (I think that's what it's called). I think this is worrying me a lot too. May God make her situation easy for her.

☪️️

Wired, when we've been ill our anxiety can ramp up and we can be so sensitive to any change in our breathing and heartbeats. You did the right thing and eventually that fear will be come less and less.
    Glad you are feeling better. There has been a lot of what you had around my way too.

It's a rough illness. For anybody that has it, plenty of sleep, hot fluids and a few hot baths a day. That had some sort of positive effect for me.

I hope it's anxiety. Every other worry has been. This past month or so I've been through all sorts of health anxiety battles. And if it's not the breathing issue it'll be something else. It's mentally draining. It can throw your entire day, and mood, completely off because you're convinced something serious is wrong. God knows how many times in life I've been through this. I don't learn. Sometimes I'd like peace from it all and to have a brain that is just relaxed, like a calm sea.

Today I was going to paint, but convinced myself using a roller on the ceiling is too strenuous, and my body feels weak, thus I will probably drop dead if I do it. And for this reason I didn't do it. Now every time I think about painting I put it off immediately because I tell myself there's a high chance I could die. It's silly I know, but it feels very real.

☪️️

Our friend who is an older lady was in hospital yesterday because of this illness. 85% oxygen levels. Ex had to watch her daughter. It's quite shocking what's going atm because I know multiple people who are battling this. My other friends wife isn't improving. It's brutal.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Our friend who is an older lady was in hospital yesterday because of this illness. 85% oxygen levels. Ex had to watch her daughter. It's quite shocking what's going atm because I know multiple people who are battling this. My other friends wife isn't improving. It's brutal.
    While perhaps we've just been lucky in our area up until now, I haven't heard of anyone I know still having this 'bug'.

However, I'm sure they said something in the news about a measles 'epidemic' in the West Midlands 'county' area a couple of weeks back, especially Birmingham and Coventry.

Not had internet. My 5G router stopped working and had to save to get a new one.

I'm all better now. The shortness of breath disappeared. I still get it when the dog is being reactive. I have to hold his collar and he's a strong bugger. But, I've been lifting weights and walking through the woods. It's really nice to live next to the woods. But the foxes have gone. Not seen them for a while. Do they hibernate in winter?

To conclude. All is well That was a rough illness that lasted way longer than it should have. Also, my friends wife is out of intensive care and now in recovery. She's up and walking about.

☪️️

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information