Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not sure how to Cope with The Israel/Palestinian War

Re: Not sure how to Cope with The Israel/Palestinian War

Quote Originally Posted by loonarider77 View Post
    It's all very real. Trying to get on with my day at work. Our old CO worker hasn't uttered a word and now not sure whether that's a good or bad thing because he's always banging on about the threat of war.
    Perhaps that guy has either got the hint at long last or your boss might have had a quiet word in his ear about his constant doom-mongering, gossiping and 'drama queening' about wars and the like, and warned him to tone things down a bit as it might be having detrimental effects on his fellow workmates around him.

Reminds me of a client at my previous day centre who was a right gossiping drama queen and an interfering busybody who about 15 years ago who turned up their one morning saying that 'gangs' of school kids had been rioting in our town the day before and they were being pursued by armed police in 'riot' vans, but it turned out to be one of here BS fairy tales as nothing of the sort actually happened; probably just a handful of teenage kids typically running amok on their way home from school, as they sometimes do, but with no real harm done, and the police vans were probably driving around for completely different reasons, totally unrelated to that fictional/imaginary 'disturbance'.

Sorry for straying off-topic but I couldn't help giving an example of one of my personal encounters/experiences with so-called gossiping 'drama queens'.

Back to the actual thread topic. In the meantime I've noticed nearly everyone in this country still seems to be going about their daily businesses and routines as per usual with no signs of anything out of the ordinary nor anything untoward being apparent up until now.

Off topic is absolutely fine in this current situation LOL

Yes everyone is getting on with things. Just entered my family Whatsapp group to find my brother has posted a link to the BBC we site about doomsday clock.

This, I want to call bs, I haven't even read it. No wonder people have anxiety!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68017445

Quote Originally Posted by loonarider77 View Post
    Off topic is absolutely fine in this current situation LOL

Yes everyone is getting on with things. Just entered my family Whatsapp group to find my brother has posted a link to the BBC we site about doomsday clock.

This, I want to call bs, I haven't even read it. No wonder people have anxiety!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68017445
    Funnily enough Robert also did an article on his DD site the other day about the so-called Doomsday Clock and stated how meaningless it is.

That's the article on said subject you're probably best off reading.

But surely we've already been down that road hundreds of times before over the years and nothing's actually ever happened (remember all the hullabaloo over December 2012 which actually turned out to be a load of old cobblers?).

Kind of 'crying wolf' if you ask me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information