Alright,

So I often have sinus tachycardia, or at least that's what cardiologists have told me over the decades (I'm 41, male, normal weight) as to "reassure me" when my heart is in the 100s.

For the past few days I've been taking my blood pressure multiple times a day at home * [explained further in post to avoid overwhelming with text]... MY MAIN CONCERN though right now, is I was wondering if it's ever happened to any of you that the BP machine beeps your pulse twice as fast as your pulse as you feel it (like 2 beeps per pulse). I would think my machine sometimes becomes bonkers since I didn't *feel* it go that fast and heard the beeps way faster than I felt my pulse, and the reading it gave, since almost all the reading interpreted (my theory) in double time, 193 BPM. The reading just before that was 105 and the one right after (I took it a minute after to see if it would read that again) was 100.

Has this ever happened to anyone, that the machine interprets a way higher pulse? I'm pretty sure it didn't go that fast at that moment since I felt it at the same time.

**Extra: reason I've been taking my BP more often lately is because I was worried that I might have heart failure due to many reasons including sometimes my "pulse pressure" (difference between systolic and diastolic) is in the 20s, including 20. BUT, plenty of other readings in the same day can show them in the 40s or even 50.