Thread: MS Fear - really freaking out

MS Fear - really freaking out

Hi,

I've been worrying about MS for about the past month. It started with a floater in one of my eyes and I stupidly googled and MS came up. The floater then went or at least became less noticeable but because I was so fixated on my eye and constantly rubbing it, I now have some pain mainly can feel it when I blink, feels like it coming from eyelid but there's no redness or swelling so the MS fear is just driving me mad.

Over the past few weeks I have been dropping things a lot, I am quite a clumsy person and have a very stressful life anyway but just seems like I'm constantly dropping things. Last night my thumb started twitching. Earlier when I tried to open a cupboard I missed the handle, it was dark but still quite odd. My knee gave way slightly as well earlier. I now have a tingling/pins and needles sensations in my hands and feet.

I'm just freaking out and it's all I think about. Has anyone had these symptoms and it just been anxiety? I'm a complete bag of nerves at the moment. My life is very stressful anyway and to add the constant health anxiety as well. I just can't relax. Anyone been through similar?

Thanks. Xxxx

Re: MS Fear - really freaking out

Yeah, have had all of them. First of all, I never even heard of floaters being a symptom of MS. I've had floaters for the past 20 years, literally all the time. I don't think I've gone more than a week without a floater. And my optician wasn't worried in the slightest, he just said floaters were the most normal thing in the world.

Years ago I had a great fear of ALS, because I woke up one morning with all my muscles twitching the entire day. That lasted for a full year. It took probably 5 months for me to let go of the fear of ALS after my GP said it was all anxiety. But the twitching still lasted for a year.
    However during my fear of ALS, I felt every other symptom there was. I felt weakness in my arms and hands, constantly dropping stuff, stumbling over things. Part of it is you're focusing too much on the illness and are starting to feel things that aren't really there (like phantom feelings) and part of it is you're so overwhelmed with fear that your brain can't concentrate on much else and the dropping stuff and being clumsy is extremely common in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You come and go on here with various illnesses and then we don't hear back with any updates and then you post again so I am thinking this is all anxiety related but unless you treat that you will keep coming back with new issues.

Have a read of the symptoms website page again on here - it may help.
    ^^^^This^^^^ Nic nailed it!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I knew I would be ignored again

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I knew I would be ignored again
    HA behavior is quite predictable

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry if it seemed like I ignored you, I thought I got back to you on the other thread. I am feeling a bit better today and realise how HA can make me seem like a crazy person at times. I'm really sorry.

I always appreciate anyone's responses to my posts and advice or reassurance anyone can offer and It's helped me so much over the years.

Really sorry if I'm annoying.

Hi, sorry for posting again. I'm really struggling tonight. I just feel so low. I'm a full time single parent to a child with special needs and it's so stressful and on top of that dealing with my HA. I felt a lot better yesterday and my eye felt better so thought it was getting better but tonight it's flared up again and I'm starting to be convinced it has to be MS. It hurts when I move my eye, sometimes when I blink and also have some pain near the eye as well. Could this really be stress? I'm getting tingling and pins and needles as well and on the verge of a panic attack. I just keep googling and ut all points to MS and I know googling is bad and making me feel worse but can't help it. I'm such a mess. Anyone please help calm me down?

Please Reply
    Thanks. Xxxx

Thread Information