Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a death in the family yesterday.

Had a death in the family yesterday.

I'm in a state of shock, and bewilderment.

Today I learned my stepdads mom died. I was close to my stepdad, he taught me everything I know about music production and DJing. He was in my life for over 20 years.

He died of Cancer. He got his terminal diagnosis on the exact day my Dad died the year before. I always though this was a bit odd, a bit more than a coincidence.

My stepdad died on the 13th of January. His mom died yesterday, on the 13 of January.

I met her a few times, she's was a lovely lady. She lived in the UK all her life and worked hard. She went back to Jamaica about 12 years ago to enjoy the rest of her life.

She was being treated in Jamacia, but they told her it was just a cold and to go home and relax. Her family wasn't happy with this so they flew her to the UK. She went from the airport straight to hospital where it was discovered she had a blood infection (sepsis).

She was improving but sadly she passed yesterday.

A strange thing happened to me. I had a dream yesterday night about death. It wasn't a nightmare, but it was uncomfortable. I woke up about 3am in a state of shock and fear. It felt so alone and I couldn't accept death, and I didn't understand how other people accept death.

I can't explain it in words, but it made me question life all day yesterday and I was talking to my ex and brothers talking to them about this dream. I was speaking to my ex and brothers about the dream because if affected me for the rest of the day yesterday. But at this point I didn't know anybody had died.

So to learn she died yesterday, on the day my stepdad died, on the day I had a revelation about death through a dream is puzzling. I don't believe these things are coincidences. I've had to many strange things like this happen in life to pass it off as a coincidence.

The ones we've lost are with us. I 100% believe that.

Enjoy life. Be happy. Do whatever you want that makes you happy. Do not listen to nay sayers. Do as you please. If people around you don't accept you for who you are remove them from your circle. Life is to be enjoyed, and it's a learning curve that prepares us for the next stage of life. That's my theory.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Had a death in the family yesterday.

Hi wired,

I think we subconsciously, sometimes consciously search for peace over the 'death' subject.
    I heard a great quote from a guru the other day...
    "Heaven is what we want it to be".
    I thought about this for ages and it made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi wired,

I think we subconsciously, sometimes consciously search for peace over the 'death' subject.
    I heard a great quote from a guru the other day...
    "Heaven is what we want it to be".
    I thought about this for ages and it made sense to me.
    There could be some truth in that. Why does death affect us so much? I'm still not fully over the death of my Dad and Stepdad and don't think I ever will be. Death can knock you off track in life for a long time.

I was speaking to my brother because I dream of my Dad a lot. But he always has Cancer and he's always ill. My brother said he has normal dreams about him.

I need some therapy to deal with this but there's nothing available to me. I have my appointment with psychiatrist in February so I am going to discuss it.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I'm the same wired.
    The dreams about my mum and dad who I lost years ago come into my dreams and its about them being poorly.
    I know I think about death quite a bit consciously, is that normal? I don't know. I started a thread on here on the subject which was quite helpful, comforting and interesting. But it hasn't changed the way I perceive it all.
    I don't know if therapy exists for this subject alone, I've never searched. It's certainly something you could discuss with a therapist. I'm pretty certain it won't be an unfamiliar subject.
    As for existing forever in some form. Well, we are all energy and the body is the carriage for all that. Energy is everywhere, so yes, we can exist in some form.
    I also think a lot about the fact that no one really knows what happens to us when we die. And I think it's meant to be that way for a reason. For instance, if it is arriving at a garden of Eden, would all be queuing up to get there all at once. I've used 'The garden of Eden' not as the Christian version but as a example of perfection and peace.
    I know one thing, neither my mum or dad were scared of death at the end, the same with some of the friends I lost.
    If the subject is on your mind far too much than normal, it's maybe in indication that you need to seek conversation over this and it's possible that is why it comes out in your dreams. It can also be a process of grieving or letting go.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm the same wired.
    The dreams about my mum and dad who I lost years ago come into my dreams and its about them being poorly.
    I know I think about death quite a bit consciously, is that normal? I don't know. I started a thread on here on the subject which was quite helpful, comforting and interesting. But it hasn't changed the way I perceive it all.
    I don't know if therapy exists for this subject alone, I've never searched. It's certainly something you could discuss with a therapist. I'm pretty certain it won't be an unfamiliar subject.
    As for existing forever in some form. Well, we are all energy and the body is the carriage for all that. Energy is everywhere, so yes, we can exist in some form.
    I also think a lot about the fact that no one really knows what happens to us when we die. And I think it's meant to be that way for a reason. For instance, if it is arriving at a garden of Eden, would all be queuing up to get there all at once. I've used 'The garden of Eden' not as the Christian version but as a example of perfection and peace.
    I know one thing, neither my mum or dad were scared of death at the end, the same with some of the friends I lost.
    If the subject is on your mind far too much than normal, it's maybe in indication that you need to seek conversation over this and it's possible that is why it comes out in your dreams. It can also be a process of grieving or letting go.
    Thank you so much for this Carnation. This was a lovely read and towards the end my eyes started to water. I completely agree with what you said.

Do you have a link to the thread please? I'd like to give it a read.

☪️️

I'm a deep thinker. I question everything. And it's sometimes frustrating, but it's helpful with learning something like programming because it helps. But in the real world, questioning everything can be mentally draining. I try to find answer all the time. And when the answer isn't there I can spend weeks and months trying to find it. Like, the process of death and if there's anything after.

But like you said, we're not meant to know and we will never know until it happens. It's comforting to know that after the pain, the process is apparently peaceful. I read that from many NDE's.

☪️️

I'm not sure how to do a link but here's the title of the thread....

Why do we fear death?

Not sure if this works.

Found it, thank you Will give this a read. https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...=fear+death%3F

☪️️

I hope you find some comfort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information