Thread: Possible bat bite under vehicle, wound on foot.

Possible bat bite under vehicle, wound on foot.

Bat bite under vehicle, wound on foot.

Bat bite under vehicle??? Wound on foot

USA, Southern California, no vaccination. My city does not see bats very often but my county where I live sees rabid bats sometimes.

So a couple of hours ago at 10:30 AM, I was outside cleaning the inside of my car and my feet were kinda under the vehicle but not all the way in. I cleaned my vehicle and did not feel any pain, hear anything or feel anything, only felt a pinch while I was going back to my house but could not find anything.

Now I took a shower and, just out of curiosity, looked at my foot and found a scratch, a wound of some kind, and immediately my mind went straight to a bat under the vehicle. We have cats roaming around here, too, but I think I would have felt a cat being on my foot or scratching me. My mind went straight to a bat somehow biting me on my foot. I was with slippers and a part of my upper foot was open, and the mark is on my talus bone, the bone that is a little bit out and at the upper end of the foot.

Should i worry about this, is this wound an exposure or this could have been 100 other things, like an insect bite or something else, I felt the pinch while i was walking back and forth talking with someone on the phone but did not notice anything.
    Last edited by Blameful478; 15-01-24 at 18:41.

Re: Possible bat bite under vehicle, wound on foot.

Reading what your dragon conjured up in your mind makes me wonder what mental illness writers of horror movies and science fiction may suffer from Interesting scenario but you'd have better luck playing the lotto!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Lol, nice one. I know this seems far stretched but my main fear is being bitten while awake and not know about it despite being sober and alert, that is my fear.

I hear what your dragon is telling you but you know and I know he's FOS! It's like trying to say the sky is yellow instead of blue

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yep, this dragon is eating me alive, telling me these scenarios that most people would not even give a second thought. It is hard because reassuring gives a temporary relief and most of the time, I go back worrying if i am going to say goodbye in 3 months or more and this wound is definitely a bite of some kind. And yes he is FOS.
    Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Thread Information