Thread: mucous in stool - reassurance appreciated

mucous in stool - reassurance appreciated

i've been a frequent lurker of this forum for a very long time but because of a recent tiktok i saw, my fear about colon cancer is dominating my mind at the moment. while checking other threads about mucous in stool, i saw someone mention that their gp said mucous should only be a concern if it lasts a long time.. well, i've dealt with stool mucous for years and always thought it was just normal. (sidenote: it's clear mucous, by the way.) now, i'm not so sure, with most people i've seen saying how they only have it for a short amount of time or in addition to IBS - i have no idea if i have IBS as i've never been diagnosed with it.

i'm 33 years old and see my gp at least once a year, just for some background about me. i do also obviously suffer from anxiety and being a hypochondriac. i know better than to google symptoms which is why i typically come to this forum to reassure myself, but now this has me worried enough to make a post.

if anyone has any reassurances they can offer to give me some peace of mind, i would greatly appreciate it. i do see my gp again in march and plan to mention this to him, but until then, at least.

Re: mucous in stool - reassurance appreciated

I am going through a flare up now and only passing mucus and have a sensation of having to go all the time. It’s not pleasant but had the same thing in September and it passed.

Thread Information