Thread: Armpit pain is driving me insane

Armpit pain is driving me insane

Hi! Welcome to my new self-diagnosed horror.
    Health anxiety is a horrid thing.

Around 2 weeks ago I had a bit of a cold, sore throat, cough, the usual. A couple of times a felt a pain im my right armpit that lasted a few seconds and then went away. Forgot about it.
    A week ago, my cold was almost entitely gone, and after a shower I remembered the armpit pain and looked at my armpits. The right armpit had two little swollen spots (barely visible) toward the shoulder. Panic mode: on. I started prodding and could not find any lump, just a bit of tenderness.
    Gave myself a brest feel-up, poked at everything, my panic rising. Mom had brest cancer at 50.
    Didn't find anything suspicious other then the sore armpit, but the anxiety was already here.
    Woke up next day, the pain was a lot worse, spreading to my arm, breast, shoulder and back.
    I tried to tell myself that I made it worse by prodding but I don't listen to myself. The anxiety is HIGH.
    It' s been 6 days, the pain is still here. Not sharp, more like an ache. My husband keeps telling me it's probably nothing, that cancer doesn't come overnight with pain but I'm a wreck.
    I'm sceduled for my routine US in two months.
    I'm almost sure the pain is a little better from yesterday but my HA and Dr Google are making me unsure.
    Any thoughts?

Re: Armpit pain is driving me insane

I have tenderness around that area often. I have very cystic breasts and I think they just get tender. Since you had a cold it could also have been some lymph node tenderness while fighting the infection and then you've made it worse by poking around. I agree with your husband.

Thread Information