I suffer from adult cystic acne. Not widespread, but a random spot here or there once or twice a month. I do see a dermatologist but unfortunately, I am a picker. I’m trying my hardest to not be, but I think it is a manifestation of my anxiety to some extent. Anyway, I had a stubborn spot on my chin that I managed to leave alone for about 2 weeks. It got smaller but would not go away. About 10 days ago, it started looking like it was coming to a head. So I of course started poking around and totally aggravated it. It oozed for a few days and seemed to close up. But the last few days, the bump has grown. It is not super painful, but it is big. I have been doing warm compresses on it the last 2 days. I can’t really tell if it is helping. It doesn’t seem to be getting any worse though. I am trying to decide whether to head to the doctor for this or not. I tend to rush there for every little thing (again, health anxiety), and I am trying to not do that this time around if I don’t have to. But I know that skin infections can get serious quickly. I just don’t know how I am supposed to know if it is just a zit that I poked at that will eventually heal or whether I am getting a nasty infection that I need antibiotics for ( I hate taking antibiotics). Anyone know how long is too long to wait it out? If I don’t have a fever or anything, is that a sign I don’t need to seek treatment? I have a hard time getting out of my own head when I get myself worked up about a health issue. And I am not always super rational. But this one is an actual, visible issue so I am not sure if I am overreacting or not.