Thread: Scab on scalp, panicking

Scab on scalp, panicking

I've just realised that I've had a 'spot' I keep picking at on my scalp that must have now been there a year at least, maybe two. I notice it, pick at it then it smooths over and then a month or two later I notice it because it's scaly again. It looks pink, scaly with hair coming out and a lot like the photos of squamous cell on the internet. It's about a cm and seems to be bigger from the last time I took a peek. I'm now feeing terrified and will make an appointment for the GP tomorrow when they reopen. I can't believe I've left it this long, as I'm normally there at the slightest change. I was only at the GP a few months back because of a scaly patch on my arm that she said looked fine but that's also had a change in the past 2 weeks so I took another look at the scalp one and immediately started to panic. I'll try and drop a picture if can work out how. I realise only a doctor can diagnose but I'm feeling really scared so posting for a bit of support x

(Was let know pics not allowed so won't do that!)
    Last edited by Pixelwoo; 25-01-24 at 14:14. Reason: Left out a word

Re: Scab on scalp, panicking

Don't put a picture in, it's against the rules and can trigger the rest of us.

Also, don't panic! I've neglected a basal cell carcinoma for over half a decade and the worst I had to deal with was a scar that only I can notice.

Ah, I didn't realise but thanks for letting me know!
    That's what I'm hoping - if it is something like that, then it's able to be treated successfully.

Thank you for replying, I'm in a right state and it helps to write it down / see other people's experiences

Seriously, if it's clearly not melanoma then it's incredibly unlikely to be any sort of a big deal. Message me if you need to.

I may do a bit later on thank you so much. I tend to catastrophise and it's like sense / reason doesn't apply to me somehow even though I can recognise it. If I can't get a GP appointment there is a mole checking service on town that I can visit so that I can at least take some action.

Thread Information