Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat stool

Flat stool

Hello!
    I unfortunately fell again in the arms of health anxiety ❤
    I'm 29, female. I've had a lot of stress for over a month, due to my work, family life etc. But it was intense,crying at work, panic attacks etc. I also changed my diet, trying to lose a little weight.
    Exactly a week ago, I noticed that my stool is flat, it's not as flat as a ribbon, but definitely flat. From my previous HA adventures I remember that it's one of the symptoms of colon cancer. So I started to panic. A lot.
    My bowel has been producing these flat poops everyday for a week now. They are formed, but soft, they look like rectangles. I used to go to the toilet once a day - in the morning after coffee. Now I have 3 rounds - all still in the morning. There aren't any more symptoms - no pains, no blood in the toilet, no weightloss.
    Does anybody have that? I'm getting worried. My family tells me to chill, but well, I can't 🤷🏻*♀️

Re: Flat stool

Sorry you are struggling. Health anxiety is a beast. But ask yourself this: Is this a symptom anyone without heath anxiety would worry about- or even notice?

My bowel habits change *every* time whenever I attempt a diet or alter my existing one and my GP always says it's more than likely just your digestive system being slightly confused as to what's going on - it'll return to normal in no time.

Positive thoughts, lovely.

Hemorrhoids can cause the exact same. I have flatter than normal poo. Mine are never fully rounded. My advise- stop looking! You can really go down a rabbit hole with this one. At one point, I was completely obsessed w color and shape that I was actually inspecting it and even touched it to break it open to make sure there was no blood there. Just flush and walk away.

Oh, definitely not! I think nobody looks in their toilet after doing the business 😅

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Sorry you are struggling. Health anxiety is a beast. But ask yourself this: Is this a symptom anyone without heath anxiety would worry about- or even notice?
    Oh, definitely not! I think nobody looks in their toilet after doing the business 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Jase. View Post
    My bowel habits change *every* time whenever I attempt a diet or alter my existing one and my GP always says it's more than likely just your digestive system being slightly confused as to what's going on - it'll return to normal in no time.

Positive thoughts, lovely.
    I hope so. It's been two weeks now. After eating at McDonald's I managed to produce one normal poop, but it came back to the flat ones again

Quote Originally Posted by Stressed32 View Post
    Hemorrhoids can cause the exact same. I have flatter than normal poo. Mine are never fully rounded. My advise- stop looking! You can really go down a rabbit hole with this one. At one point, I was completely obsessed w color and shape that I was actually inspecting it and even touched it to break it open to make sure there was no blood there. Just flush and walk away.
    That sounds wise, I need to try this!
    Well, maybe I have hemorroids, I never checked tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidite1 View Post
    Oh, definitely not! I think nobody looks in their toilet after doing the business 
    My bathroom habits have been all over the place since cancer and HA or not, I believe we all look to see our business. The difference is HA.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Mine have been all over the place lately but I had a massive BM this morning and that really helped put my mind at ease. Sometimes it’s the small things that help us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information