Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So sick to death of this indifferent 'walk on by' society

Re: So sick to death of this indifferent 'walk on by' society

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLionMan View Post
    I think people just have more important things to worry about.
    Typical!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Unlikely, it's the corporate ****s we need to worry about more than underprivileged kids.
    Exactly BI. It's not just underprivileged kids who are serial graffitists, vandals, litter louts, violent happy-slappy thugs, football hooligans, etc.

It can be pretty much anyone from any 'class' , background, etc, as long as they feel so compelled to look and act all big and 'ard!

Not what I'm saying in the slightest, and I'm not sure whether or not you're deliberately misinterpreting me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Not what I'm saying in the slightest, and I'm not sure whether or not you're deliberately misinterpreting me.
    I may have misinterpreted you there but probably unwittingly and not intentionally.

I was also saying that there are law breakers from all walks of life, but sadly underprivileged youngsters almost always seem to be the easiest pickings. Twas ever thus.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Don't try to spray a giant nob on Buckingham Palace though as the police take a zero tolerance approach.
    Which would probably no doubt constitute some act of terrorism.

Well, it does cause your taxes to be diverted. I don't mind something artistic but tags and things are just like littering to me.

But I think most of us have more important things to think about. It's out of hand and will never change so all anyone can do is paint over it. Just like litter and fly tipping. You know its breaking a minor law but people who do it don't care. The result ends up a mess and in some cases costing money to clear it up.
    I'm hardly surprised in the slightest that fly-tipping is seemingly a growing problem, especially as people can now only access local tips via a special permit, and the staff at them have become very power-mad Sgt Major-types who like to lay down the law to users and interrogate them like mad, just like when trying to enter ferry ports and the like. All very Orwellian to me!

As far as our local plod are concerned, for the past 20-odd years or so they've been seemingly more concerned with going after and fining speeding motorists, and randomly parking their speeding patrol vans on the sides of certain roads within our borough that in most instances lack speed limit signage, rather than dealing with the likes of ASB and various other 'incidents' that make the lives of most ordinary folk a misery.

Even my dad was done for speeding himself last year and he is certainly not a 'hooligan' driver; he was only marginally above the prescribed speed limit on the one road in our area which is virtually devoid of legible speed limit signage, but my dad reckons that doing and fining speeding motorists has for a long time now been the easiest and most lucrative option for the police, rather than attempting to effectively deal with more serious offences, though I'm not in any way trivialising nor condoning drivers speeding in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Which would probably no doubt constitute some act of terrorism.
    No joke. A guy I used to work with was out of skull on a bender and urinated. Next thing the police were on him because he was near the palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm hardly surprised in the slightest that fly-tipping is seemingly a growing problem, especially as people can now only access local tips via a special permit, and the staff at them have become very power-mad Sgt Major-types who like to lay down the law to users and interrogate them like mad, just like when trying to enter ferry ports and the like. All very Orwellian to me!

As far as our local plod are concerned, for the past 20-odd years or so they've been seemingly more concerned with going after and fining speeding motorists, and randomly parking their speeding patrol vans on the sides of certain roads within our borough that in most instances lack speed limit signage, rather than dealing with the likes of ASB and various other 'incidents' that make the lives of most ordinary folk a misery.

Even my dad was done for speeding himself last year and he is certainly not a 'hooligan' driver; he was only marginally above the prescribed speed limit on the one road in our area which is virtually devoid of legible speed limit signage, but my dad reckons that doing and fining speeding motorists has for a long time now been the easiest and most lucrative option for the police, rather than attempting to effectively deal with more serious offences, though I'm not in any way trivialising nor condoning drivers speeding in any way.
    Councils are definitely a problem when it comes to fly tipping. Even reporting it is not the easiest thing whether it's a clunky website or a lazy crew just marking it up as 'not found'. Since I walked a lot I started reporting lots of fly tipping but there many occasions were council clean up crews said not found or collected yet it was still there. Basically no one watching what they do.

Corruption and lack of funding may be a contributing factor in society but just as it's all too easy for the Daily Mail reader to condemn the youth it is all too easy for the Guardian reader to absolve them. But there are extremes and those in the middle who don't act a certain way I.e. not all businessmen are white collar criminals and not all young people act anti socially.

Councils are definitely a problem when it comes to fly tipping. Even reporting it is not the easiest thing whether it's a clunky website or a lazy crew just marking it up as 'not found'. Since I walked a lot I started reporting lots of fly tipping but there many occasions were council clean up crews said not found or collected yet it was still there. Basically no one watching what they do.

Corruption and lack of funding may be a contributing factor in society but just as it's all too easy for the Daily Mail reader to condemn the youth it is all too easy for the Guardian reader to absolve them. But there are extremes and those in the middle who don't act a certain way I.e. not all businessmen are white collar criminals and not all young people act anti socially.
    I'm sure you've posted stuff before on here about council workers allegedly 'swinging the lead' who should have actually been dealing with fly-tipping incidents.

But like I said in my previous post, I reckon a lot of people now feel discouraged from visiting their local tops because they've now become such fortified places run by 'little Hitler' jobsworths who seem so up themselves and love to read out the Riot Act!

In fact, this one arsy barsteward of a worker at Lichfield tip (the closest one to us here in Staffs) was quite rude and abrupt towards my dad last year when we innocently drove onto the site, totally unaware of the new restrictions on site access and use of the facility. He was basically asking for some kind of abuse from certain members of the general public who are generally much less patient than both myself and my dad.

Also I'm rather surprised there's been no reports of any violent disturbances at said tip since those sudden changes there last year, as it was a perfect flash point for vicious tempers to fray between both irate members of the general public and irate staff there.

Len you have to ask yourself, is it worth my energy getting upset about, you would really hate living in American Cities where there is tagging (graffiti) everywhere, it's illegal here as well, and if it's a shop or business, it's the business owner who has to hire someone to paint over it, if it's city buildings the city has to pay for it, but the cops are more worried about is the guy that is holding a gun to his wife and kids going to hand over said weapon before anyone gets killed, is the narcan going to work on the teen how just overdosed on a drug or am i going to have to notify the family, is that drunk that I am chasing going to hit another car before I can get them to pull over, is that person holding a gun on me going to fire on me before I can talk them down. It's not that people don't care, it's there really are more important things to worry about than someone spray painting The older generation grew up with our moms smoking in the car, in our faces, around us, we used to live in a society where it was normal to smoke on planes, in hotels, restaurants what have you and don't think anything of it either. Control only what you can control, was the mother in the wrong for smoking in front of her children in the car where it is illegal, yes it is, does it warrant you reporting her? No, now if she were drinking and drunk then yes report her and prevent her from leaving.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information