Thread: ALS/MND ongoing mental battle

ALS/MND ongoing mental battle

Hi everyone,

Mnd has me in a bad headspace. My dad was diagnosed in October last year and sadly passed last month.

During this time period we have particularly had stressful periods which led to widespread twitching in myself. This has led me into a anxiety spiral really. The twitches were in random places and would often wake me up at night which obviously causes you to hyperfocus, there are days I have nothing and days I have it horrendously and is triggered even worse in stressful situations, which suggest to me it is purely stress. But I can shift this feeling.

In the time dad was on end of life I also noticed I had a "wetness" reoccurring on one side of my mouth, also feelings of something stuck in my throat and trouble swallowing.

What I'm really wanting to know is it typical for anxiety to cause all of this? I've had blood tests and come back fine. The doctor said it should hopefully go away on its own but I feel I can't give myself the chance of this in case I have mnd on the cards...

The good and bad days would suggest it's all mental but I can't shake the bad experiences this disease has brought

Re: ALS/MND ongoing mental battle

Im so sorry about your dad. After what you have been through its no surprise you are suffering. Are you getting any help?

I tried to get help from the doctor but he said it ahould pass on its own. But doesn't help me feel better really. Still feel like I'm losing my mind thinking I have mnd too

Sorry to hear about your dad.
    On the twitching thing, I'm here for that reason. Had a work colleague the had mnd started with a twitch. He' passed years ago now and I have had bicip twitch for a couple of weeks now and is sending me off my head with worry.
    Anxiety can cause a LOT things and asides from stressing myself out the more I stress the worse it gets so logically it would seem that stress/anxiety is a factor

Thread Information