Thread: 16 days until the bar exam….

16 days until the bar exam….

Friends - I need some encouragement! I’ve been basically locked in my house for the last 8 weeks studying 6-8 hours a day every day for this freaking test. My anxiety has been up and down the whole time because this kind of isolation is never good for it. I feels so reminiscent of lockdown. And now with the test date coming up, the stress is really ramping up. I woke up at 4:30 am today and couldn’t get back to sleep for 2+ hours because I kept trying to remember elements of laws I had missed in practice essays and was doing math in my head on what I’d have to score on each essay to pass. I’m losing it!!

This test is so much pressure, it’s absurd. I am graduating second or first in my class and so there is also this inordinate amount of pressure because everyone keeps saying- of course you’re going to pass! You’ll get the highest score! Blah blah. And while I think in my heart of hearts that I’ve got a good shot, it’s certainly not a forgone conclusion. It’s an extremely difficult, two day, 12 hour long test. I tried a practice run this weekend and I couldn’t get through the three hour segments of essays in one sitting without my brain just absolutely shutting down. I need to try that again obviously but it is soooo much.

I guess I’m just rambling, but im tired of venting to family and friends who just say “it’ll be fine, of course you’ll pass!” Because those words just make me more nervous!

Worst of all - the results don’t come out until the end of April. So once I finish I won’t know if I passed for two months. Oooooy. Just let me be a lawyer!!!

Re: 16 days until the bar exam….

Can you take some breaks and meditate to clear your mind, get out for a walk etc? Sometimes you need a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Can you take some breaks and meditate to clear your mind, get out for a walk etc? Sometimes you need a break.
    It’s been a bit warmer so I’ve been trying to get out for at least a 30 minute walks each day, which does help. And I was just laying in bed thinking I should look for a good meditation to start and end my days.

That’s a lot Erin, but also sort of worthwhile?! There must be lots of others in the same situation with shared experiences?

Set yourself break times and take them, make sure you eat well, get outside every day and maybe make yourself a strict bedtime routine.

Wishing you well! Xx

Aaahh now i see! Good luck- cant wait to hear how it goes xx

Thread Information