Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fear of swallowing/Endoscopy this week

Re: Fear of swallowing/Endoscopy this week

I did rubbish with the gammon. I just keep cutting little bits off it every now and again because I'm determined to eat it. I'd prefer to have buffet type picky foods really but my partner wouldn't want that, rightly so, and I'm not just going to cook a meal for him and different for me. We can't let it beat us can we. We've got to keep trying.

Oh I'm so sorry for that you've been through. It's a lot to deal with through your life 😔♥

How do we private message on here do you know?? It seems like we're going a bit deeper than the swallowing issue now. Maybe if we can get things off our chests then that would help?

I was exactly the same before my endoscopy, I still am having those thoughts about what if its this, that or the other what if she missed something what if she finds something next time. Then it's the will I ever be able to eat and drink normally again. Will this anxiety ever go away...Then I try and defuse it by saying I've always had anxiety in one way or another, I've had this swallowing issue before, she didn't see anything in my oesophagus, she didn't seem very concerned about the hernia...Our minds never stop do they and that IS anxiety!!! Xxx

Well I'm not just shrugging. It's a massive achievement for you at the moment. These men of ours don't understand it do they. We don't bloody understand it either though.

I've accepted the request and sent you a 'can you see this' message 😂 xx

Hi ladies, can I join you? I have the same as you described and it gets worse and better. I've had it a good few years and having a rough time with it just now.
    GP has said it is anxiety. Last year in a bad bout I was given Omeprazole which I was too afraid to try but have started them a couple of days ago.

I’m glad you started your omeprazole and I hope they help you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information