Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnation’s New Thread - Anxiety, setbacks and tips

Re: Carnation’s New Thread - Anxiety, setbacks and tips

Absolutely, Jayke, yes. I had several years mostly HA-free, then these past few months I've backslid horribly. I think - I hope - I'm getting back to where I was, but it's a frightening place to be.

Currently beading up an octopus, Carn
    That sounds so weird BlueIris.

Will post a photo when I'm done, I fell in love with the pattern when I saw it.

Hello jayke

It's good to feel some comfort being around people that have the same feelings.

Claire Weekes mentions setbacks in her book.

The uneasy feeling is normally down to being over sensitised and that can take time.
    To quote the time would not be realistic because we all different and have different circumstances.
    But it is sign to maybe change your lifestyle a bit.
    The thing is when we feel ok we tend to forget the self care and the stuff that keeps us grounded and peaceful.
    Life becomes hectic and there never seems to be any extra time. But as little as ten minutes here and there throughout the day can make all the difference.
    Don't get despondent because setbacks are not permanent and what goes back has to come forward at some point. What goes up, comes down, you get my drift.

We feel things in our chest due to the way we feel. The same for the stomach and head. So by doing things that give you relaxation in turn will relax the body.

That would be great to see it BlueIris

I’m also having a bit of a blip. Some HA, but also a healthy dose of everyday challenges (life, career, finances, etc) feeling really heavy. Having some struggles with Chisum, which is making me feel icky. Had a scary (somewhat) local event the other day that played with my feelings of being unsafe again. No need to bore you all with too many details.

I’m enjoying all of the tips. For me, I just like to get outside if I can and focus heavily on nature and what is going on around me. Listen to the birds. Notice the pattern of the moss. That kind of thing. I also like to switch my brain into sort of a “stream of consciousness” mode and just pay attention to what is happening/what I’m feeling in the present second.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Poppy.. sorry to read your having a blip, join the club, I think a few people here are too at the moment, but it will pass, try not to be impatient with time, that’s one of my faults, I think I’ve done this and I’ve done that so why am I not feeling good yet, it doesn’t work like that, as Claire weekes says let time pass and if necessary let more time pass.

Aww what’s wrong with Chisum, is he poorly....

I was telling Carnation a while ago when I go for a walk I look at all the gardens and give them a score out of 10, pretending I’m judging a garden competition....keeps me occupied.....

Hope you have a lovely weekend too xxx

I would like to join the blip club too please! I don’t really have anything helpful to add other than sympathy and company down the anxiety rabbit hole. It’s hard and it’s scary, but the really bad bits do pass.

Quote Originally Posted by YoullNeverWalkAlone View Post
    Poppy.. sorry to read your having a blip, join the club, I think a few people here are too at the moment, but it will pass, try not to be impatient with time, that’s one of my faults, I think I’ve done this and I’ve done that so why am I not feeling good yet, it doesn’t work like that, as Claire weekes says let time pass and if necessary let more time pass.

Aww what’s wrong with Chisum, is he poorly....

I was telling Carnation a while ago when I go for a walk I look at all the gardens and give them a score out of 10, pretending I’m judging a garden competition....keeps me occupied.....

Hope you have a lovely weekend too xxx
    My garden can’t be seen between the mole hills. What score would that get, i wonder?

Thanks, YNWA. I really do love the winter, but maybe it’s the weather. I have struggled a lot with my friends/family all seemingly moving forward with their lives and I just feel stuck. And everything is getting so expensive, I think I will need to make a career/job change soon and don’t know where to begin.

Chisum is thankfully pretty healthy, but he’s had some ear infections so I have to clean his ears 1-2 times a week. He’s so good for it, but hates it, and will lower his head and slink away when he knows it’s time or even if I say the words “ears” or “clean”. He also knows I keep the bottle in my medicine cabinet, so even if I reach in there for something else he slinks away and hides and it’s so disheartening. He also had a couple of indoor accidents (out of character for him, but I think his own anxiety is raised) and I’ve gotten frustrated over that and then I feel guilty for being frustrated because I know I should do better to help him be successful. So just lots of icky feelings.

Judging gardens sounds fun. Everyone around me I think would get pretty low scores. But when I walk around my neighborhood, I do like to look at the colors of houses and curb appeal, trying to get my own ideas. Unfortunately there are a lot of students where I live, so many boring apartments and homes that need a lot of love. But there are some really pretty gems too.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information