Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting bad anxiety that I have covid and am going to die because I'm high risk.

Getting bad anxiety that I have covid and am going to die because I'm high risk.

My parents came back from a cruise and said they both felt sick but said it's "just a cold." Well, I caught it now too and I just assumed that it's a cold. I been having head pressure, stuffy nose, a cough here and there, along with taste gone at the moment. It was partially there earlier today. Well, I got home and decided to check my temperature. It said: 99.5 which is low fever. This makes me a little concerned now about what I possibly have. Covid is something that's more prevalent so it cold be that. But my parents aren't too bothered with their symptoms and they are high risk too.

I'm scared because I'm overweight and that I could die from it if I have covid. I don't want to freak out and start buying up covid tests and going to see doctors, etc. but idk.

I was vaccinated ONCE in 2021 with a single dose vaccine and had covid in 2022. I used Paxlovid and cleared it out in a week. Only problem is for Paxlovid, you have to take it within 5 days of symptoms. It's going to be day 3 tomorrow.

Maybe I will end up being fine but I've heard so many stories about people getting it real bad and fighting for their life. I don't want that to be me. Please help calm me down. :(

My parents are dismissing that I got anything from them because they didn't get a fever. But I started getting sick a few days after they came home from the cruise so the timing is there...
    Last edited by Seaster; 16-02-24 at 01:53.

Re: Getting bad anxiety that I have covid and am going to die because I'm high risk.

Can I ask how old you are?

Re: Getting bad anxiety that I have covid and am going to die because I'm high risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansagan View Post
    Can I ask how old you are?
    I am 33, but I am overweight which is one of the biggest risk factors.

It is 'a' factor, but age is still vastly the biggest risk factor.

"People of any age can catch COVID-19. But it most commonly affects middle-aged and older adults. The risk of developing dangerous symptoms increases with age, with those who are age 85 and older are at the highest risk of serious symptoms. In the U.S., about 81% of deaths from the disease have been in people age 65 and older. Risks are even higher for older people when they have other health conditions." - mayoclinc

You mention you've had it before and it cleared out...I haven't heard of Paxlovid, but you say you're still within the 5 days and it worked before, can you not just prescribed that again?

I don't know if it helps, but I've have FB friends posting pictures of positive results all the time lately, and not all of them are in the greatest shape, and they're still around It may not be the most pleasant next few days, but the statistics are in your favour.

My plan of action is to get tested and see if I can get Paxlovid. I have to get that within the next few days because that's what I did last time I had covid and it helped. I don't know what my outcome would have been without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansagan View Post
    It is 'a' factor, but age is still vastly the biggest risk factor.

"People of any age can catch COVID-19. But it most commonly affects middle-aged and older adults. The risk of developing dangerous symptoms increases with age, with those who are age 85 and older are at the highest risk of serious symptoms. In the U.S., about 81% of deaths from the disease have been in people age 65 and older. Risks are even higher for older people when they have other health conditions." - mayoclinc

You mention you've had it before and it cleared out...I haven't heard of Paxlovid, but you say you're still within the 5 days and it worked before, can you not just prescribed that again?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Update: I did test positive for covid unfortunately. I was given Paxlovid which is what I took last time I had covid. I'm on day 5 of covid and day 2 of taking Paxlovid. My temperature is down to normal ranges and my nose has been clearing up a bit. I mostly just been having stuffed up nose and no taste/smell. Some coughing but mostly no cough during most of the day.

This all sounds minor but I've heard so many stories of people taking tuns for the worse so hopefully I end up being fine.

Day 8 of covid as of today. I have largely been symptom free again today like yesterday. I am done with the Paxlovid as of yesterday and so far, I see no signs of a Covid rebound. I don't know at what point I consider myself in the clear?

Glad you’re feeling better! Just take it easy and don’t do too much too soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information