Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so scared

I'm so scared

Hi! I've had a really good week, no anxiety, no new symptoms... Yesterday was great. Until I went to bed... I was starting to fall asleep when I got a mild cramp in my stomach, on the left side, next to my belly button. It started to radiate to my back! It wasn't very painful, it was mild, or even light, ended after 10 minutes max. But in my world this cramp meant: abdominal pain radiating to the back = pancreatic cancer. Of course I don't have any more symptoms. The cramp wasn't associated with my period, I also didn't eat anything in the evening that could cause that.
    And now I can't calm down. This cancer is one of the things I'm scared the most! And I'm in tears, I'm so so sad that my good week ended like that 😭

Re: I'm so scared

How are you doing now? I get this a lot when my IBS acts up and it freaks me out, I am also going through the change and get pains, I am so sorry that you are having this. Anxiety will make it worse, yep I have anxiety as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    How are you doing now? I get this a lot when my IBS acts up and it freaks me out, I am also going through the change and get pains, I am so sorry that you are having this. Anxiety will make it worse, yep I have anxiety as well.
    There's no pain at all now, it all went away at night. Really, you also get abdominal + back pains with IBS? I'm so sorry you have this, but it makes me a bit better that I'm not alone and it doesn't have to be some really terrible things!

I'm inclined to agree with PK.
    I've had that a few times and went after a toilet movement. It certainly was a severe cramp when I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with PK.
    I've had that a few times and went after a toilet movement. It certainly was a severe cramp when I had it.
    Mine didn't even need a toilet movement. That's why it makes me even more scared. Because if it was due to constipation or gas it would last longer and would go away after going to the toilet. But it disappeared just like that - after couple of minutes of mild cramping.

I've had it with gas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I've had it with gas as well.
    But could it be gas if I had eaten hours earlier, wasn't bloated or anything? I didn't feel any discomfort, it just appeared lasted this shot time and went away

I get this all the time. Scares me too!

Probably just gas passing through. I have had similar - sharp pain that only lasts a few minutes and then subsides. I think sometimes if we turn over in bed or iie a certain way sometimes normal gas that should be there anyway gets stuck momentarily and then passes through. Scary though when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I get this all the time. Scares me too!
    Omg, really? After googling (I know I shouldn't...) I was devastated that this is something really specific for pancreas problems, hard to find information about other possible causes besides gas. Especially polish websites are terrible and list everything as cancer.
    So just to say it out loud - you also happen to have mild abdominal cramps which radiate to your back and go by themselves in short time. Wow, that's really reassuring! Also I see you Jojo replying to all of my rumbling posts, thank you so much for that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information