Thread: Glands or something else? Please help

Glands or something else? Please help

Hi all,
    I’m a 39 year old man and as some know on here have had this health anxiety for so many years! I’m doing CBT again and trying so much but this I can’t cope at the moment!

I had a virus a few weeks ago and my glands were up particularly in the groin area but I think they went down. The last few days when I feel just below the stomach (pubic area) that it’s slightly swollen but I can’t tell if it’s normal or not? I can only feel one gland on the right side (not where that area is) which hurts when I prod it and I can slightly feel it. But I just don’t know if it’s should be flat in the middle pubic area or not and keep feeling it to see if it goes down! Also, can prodding really make it worse as I now think maybe I’ve done that by constantly touching the area (20ish times a day)! I wish I could explain but it’s hard.

I uploaded a pic with the area it is to explain! I’m so sorry to be so dramatic. It’s the faint blue line area
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Glands or something else? Please help

Im so anxious! Im not feeling a bit rough so maybe it wa the glands way of saying a virus was coming…I don’t knows

Re: Glands or something else? Please help

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    Hi all,
    I’m a 39 year old man and as some know on here have had this health anxiety for so many years! I’m doing CBT again and trying so much but this I can’t cope at the moment!

I had a virus a few weeks ago and my glands were up particularly in the groin area but I think they went down. The last few days when I feel just below the stomach (pubic area) that it’s slightly swollen but I can’t tell if it’s normal or not? I can only feel one gland on the right side (not where that area is) which hurts when I prod it and I can slightly feel it. But I just don’t know if it’s should be flat in the middle pubic area or not and keep feeling it to see if it goes down! Also, can prodding really make it worse as I now think maybe I’ve done that by constantly touching the area (20ish times a day)! I wish I could explain but it’s hard.

I uploaded a pic with the area it is to explain! I’m so sorry to be so dramatic. It’s the faint blue line area
    Hello! Of course prodding can make it worse - they will be sore, swollen, hurt because of that. Many people have enlarged lymph nodes, they grow for maaaany reasons. They also can never go down in some cases.
    I have permanently enlarged ones on my neck and under my jaw - they had grown when I was ill and just never went down. It happens.
    Please stop touching your body looking for them, it will only make it painful, swollen and will never bring you any peace! I also had a phase with my glands, I know it's scary :( But try to calm down. And stop touching!

Thread Information