Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mum

Re: Mum

So sorry Terry.
    You are doing everything you can for her at a time when nothing seems right or fair. She will be warm and comfortable and surrounded by love from you all.

Sending love.

Sending so much love through this incredibly tough time. Treasure the good moments you have and as said before, there is no right or wrong with how you feel.

I do so hope you are able to bring your Mum home, Terry and that the palliative care team do their very best to make this happen. I'm so very sorry but words are never enough when your world is about to change....You have given and continue to give your all to your Mum xxx

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I am so sorry Terry. I will be thinking of you over the coming days.
    Thanks jojo, I really appreciate your thoughts and especially when you are struggling too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    So sorry Terry.
    You are doing everything you can for her at a time when nothing seems right or fair. She will be warm and comfortable and surrounded by love from you all.

Sending love.
    Thanks Scass, I really appreciate your kind words.

Yes, it's the simple things now. Just giving her attention whether its hand holding or making her toenails more comfortable under the blankets gives her something she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Sending so much love through this incredibly tough time. Treasure the good moments you have and as said before, there is no right or wrong with how you feel.
    Thanks Catkins, I really appreciate that.

There are certainly still good moments. She is drinking well and trying to eat, is alert and asking for things.

Thankfully she isn't in much pain and her breathing is good. The mucus is bothering her but there are other things they are going to try to help that.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I do so hope you are able to bring your Mum home, Terry and that the palliative care team do their very best to make this happen. I'm so very sorry but words are never enough when your world is about to change....You have given and continue to give your all to your Mum xxx
    Thanks pulisa, you've been where I'm going, like many on here, so I will always appreciate any advice and support.

Since mum is in a private room, and it's a big one, they arranged a z bed last night so dad can stay with her. We think this is best until she comes home, for both of them really as dad will feel like he is doing something and has less time to worry than at home.

The doctors have arranged the med package and a palliative nurse has seen us and fed back to them. Today another doctor advised it wont be tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Thanks pulisa, you've been where I'm going, like many on here, so I will always appreciate any advice and support.

Since mum is in a private room, and it's a big one, they arranged a z bed last night so dad can stay with her. We think this is best until she comes home, for both of them really as dad will feel like he is doing something and has less time to worry than at home.

The doctors have arranged the med package and a palliative nurse has seen us and fed back to them. Today another doctor advised it wont be tomorrow though.
    I know you want her home as soon as possible but this does sound a reasonable compromise until the care package is up and running effectively and reliably. She and your Dad have their privacy now and he'll be on hand and feel needed when he must have been feeling completely bereft and helpless on a busy ward?

I'm glad that she's got an appetite and is in relative good spirits. Let's hope that she'll be able to go home on Monday..Get some rest now if you can, Terry? You must be completely depleted both mentally and physically..quite understandably. xxx

I am so sorry, Terry, I’ll be thinking of you.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I am so sorry, Terry, I’ll be thinking of you.
    Thank you for caring, Poppy. It means a lot to me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information