Thread: Thrombosed Hemorrhoid or something more sinister!

Thrombosed Hemorrhoid or something more sinister!

I have suffered with hemorrhoids for years and I have learnt to cope with them. 90% of the time I bleed while passing a stool, but that's fine. There's no pain and I've had a colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy, about three years ago

The hemorrhoids come and go and flare up from time to time, but recently something feels different.

I've had a bad case of a thrombosed hemorrhoid; in fact it was so bad I went to my Dr about it. He had a look and confirmed what it was and said it should go within a week or two.

That's fine, I know what to expect. However this time I can feel a very hard small lump, what appears to be inside the thrombosed hemorrhoid. When I push it, it moves about, but also is connected to what I assume is the end of a vein in the rectal wall.

The lump doesn't hurt and is tiny in size, about a quarter the size of a pea... But it's there and certainly doesn't feel like a hemorrhoid.

I did my usual and googled; of course all sorts of dreaded possibilities came up. One of which was scar tissue from a previous flare up...

My question is: ilIs this an old hemorrhoid, part of my current thrombosed hemorrhoid or something else?

I am making myself sick with worry!

Re: Thrombosed Hemorrhoid or something more sinister!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Light 1971 View Post
    I am making myself sick with worry!
    Indeed you are and knowing where your fingers are poking around isn't exactly a pleasant thought

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information