Thread: Buzzing in one ear

Buzzing in one ear

Hi,

I get this buzzing/vibrating sound in my left ear. It happens usually for one or two days, and then goes away again for weeks. It's not too bad just very annoying cus i can notice it all day especially at night trying to sleep.
    Sometimes i forget about it when i'm distracted during the day, but at night thats harder. I've tried ear sprays etc but it doesn't seem to help. Anything that helps or should i just wait for it to go away again?

Re: Buzzing in one ear

Use a fan at nights. If you don’t want the draft turn it away from you but the noise will help drown out the ringing.

Long term…are your ears blocking with wax? That sometimes causes ringing.

Ghost…Spillways

I had my ears checked a few times and my GP said they looked normal, not too much wax. It's so weird how it comes for one or two days and then dissapears for weeks. It's like a buzzing sound and somewhat pressure feeling on the ear

Try putting Voltarol gel on your jaw for a few days. Best advice my GP ever gave me! Told me my tinnitus (and I get buzzing, ringing, blood whooshing pulsatile tinnitus, I even get ringing pulsatile tinnitus) was all coming from a tight jaw. I put Voltarol on for a few days and it was gone. Now every time it comes back, I put that on for a few days and it goes

Thanks Sparkling Fairy i will try that!
    I went to the GP today but he said there's not much he can do. It's like a pulsating/vibrating/buzzing sound in my left ear. It's very annoying because its constant, makes it hard to sleep.
    Has anyone elese had it like this? I usually hear people talk about ringing but it's not like it.

Another thing i noticed, which i forgot to tell my GP, is that when i put ear plugs in the sound is still there, however when i press on my tragus so that it covers my ear, the sound is completely gone. What could this mean??

Yes, exactly the same! I've had a buzzing before too. Sometimes even my ear drum that twitches.
    I also notice it still with my ear plugs, but not at all when I close my tragus. Or even just put my finger in my ear, it's gone then too. No idea why!

Yes, exactly like that Sparkling fairy!! Ear plugs do nothing, but a finger in my ear or closing my tragus and the sound is gone. White noise helps a lot too to fall asleep. I will try the Vortarol gel on my jaw today, as that helped you a bit.

Yeah, just put it on the hinge of your jaw near your ear twice a day for a few days. It honestly helped me a lot! It comes back frequently 'cause I pretty much hold all my tension in my jaw. But I just do this each time and it goes away

Thread Information