Thread: Update on being on a boat feeling

Update on being on a boat feeling

Hi all, a few weeks ago I posted about having really bad eye strain and the feeling like I was moving.
    I decided to make a new thread because I couldn't really describe it properly back then and the title wasn't accurate.
    But I've had this feeling like I was sitting or lying on a boat. Thankfully I never had it while walking. I just had it while sitting, badly while lying down, and really badly while lying down with my eyes closed.
    I couldn't get a doctor's appointment before I went on vacation so I ended up going to the doctor while on vacation, and he could tell just by the way my eyes moved that I had vertigo. Made a little stronger because of anxiety, but it was definitely a physical cause. He gave me some vertigo medication and within 3 days it was gone.

I definitely still feel it coming on lightly when looking at screens too much (which unfortunately I can't avoid because of my job) but now I know what it is I no longer get anxiety over it.
    I'm so relieved it was a physical thing. I had felt pretty calm for the past few months and like I had really gotten a handle on my anxiety and I was so frustrated I was back at square one for no reason at all! Well turns out it wasn't anxiety after all!

I know I've seen this topic on the forum quite a bit in the past, the walking on a boat thing. So just in case you get it, it could genuinely just be vertigo and there is medication that can help that

Re: Update on being on a boat feeling

I’m so glad you got an answer! I had a similar issue after having Covid. I went and my doctor did a vertigo test and I tested positive for benign positional vertigo based on my eye movement. She did this thing called the Epsley maneuver and it worked! Now I can do it at home if it comes back. It’s such a relief to (a) have and answer and (b) get realize you’re not imagining it.

Yeah, I had BPPV last year and that was a very obvious spinning! I also did the Epley manouever and it worked like a charm!
    The doctor said this was a much more subtle version of vertigo and that wouldn't work, but the medication worked so I'm happy with that!

Hi,what meds were they please?

In Spain it's called Sulpirida. It's actually an anti psychotic, but in small doses it's effective for treatment of Vertigo

Thread Information