Thread: Afraid I Have Lung Cancer

Afraid I Have Lung Cancer

For the past week or so I've been experiencing chest discomfort (can't really consider it chest PAIN), along with slight shortness of breath, as well as the onset of a constant need to clear my throat. These are very startling to me, and I've been worrying that I may have lung cancer.

I don't know the statistics on that, but I'm 23 years old and have never smoked a cigarette in my life (I've smoked a bit of weed before, but not super recently, and even then I can count on one hand how many times I've done that). I'm not the healthiest as far as diet and exercise though. I know it's incredibly unlikely, but I'm still bedridden with fear.

I'm afraid to bother my primary care physician with this, as I don't want to come across as super panicky (despite the fact that I am).

Not sure what to do, but if anyone has any advice or has gone through something similar, any help is appreciated

Re: Afraid I Have Lung Cancer

You are 23. You don’t have lung cancer!!

Should I still go see my doctor about it, because chest discomfort for this long doesn't seem normal?

Are you asthmatic? Also what you describe are symptoms of anxiety if you suffer from that?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Are you asthmatic? Also what you describe are symptoms of anxiety if you suffer from that?

I don't have asthma, but I do have anxiety. I didn't suspect that at first because my anxiety symptoms are usually vastly different, and never have manifested in a cough or shortness of breath

Thread Information