Thread: Petrified I have a brain tumour, I have so many symptoms

Petrified I have a brain tumour, I have so many symptoms

I’m really scared I have a brain tumour. My symptoms are:

Headaches for the last 6 weeks, started intermittently then was a tension headache and now for the last ten days I’ve had pains in the back of my head.

Dizziness - I feel like I’m ‘out of it’ and want to sit down and sometimes I don’t feel like I’m in the real world

Pins and needles - I’ve had these all over since the end of December

Nausea most mornings and sometimes in the daytime

Waking up with a dead arm most mornings

Theres just no way that anxiety can cause all of these symptoms. I’ve booked an eye test for this afternoon even though I only had one about 6 months ago and also want to book a private mri but I’ve never been so sure that this time I’m right. It’s Mothers Day and I can’t face my own children today as I don’t want to think about how I’m going have to say goodbye to them. I’m wondering whether to go A & E as I’m ready just kill myself because it would be easier than having to go through the pain of seeing their faces when I tell them I’m dying. Would A&E give me a scan if I’m suicidal? I’m having so many thoughts. Or should I ring the crisis team? I don’t even know what to do anymore. I don’t want to go through this pain.

Re: Petrified I have a brain tumour, I have so many symptoms

You're having a panic attack, trust me on this. Everything you've mentioned can be attributed to anxiety.

I second what BI said and yes, call the crisis line ASAP. Openly contemplating suicide is serious.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi how are you now?

I just wanted to reach out, I’m having very similar symptoms but also with saying words wrong, and I feel I can’t remember things - I literally cried to my mum the other day and said I can’t live like this and want to go to a&e - have you read about derealisation and depersonalisation? I think that’s the out of this world feeling- I have exactly the same and I’m terrified and Ive called the the dr like everyday and feel they aren’t taking it very seriously.

Just thought I would reach out your not alone.

Thank you for commenting Blue Iris and Fishmanpa, I really appreciate you both taking time to reply. I really do hope it’s anxiety.

Littlemisssunshine, I actually drove to A&E after work on Friday as I was feeling really low anyway about things and then my finger started twitching and I freaked out but I ended up not going in and went home.

I think it was derealisation I’ve been having. Luckily I’ve not felt like that as much over the last week. I’m sorry the doctors aren’t taking you seriously although I was hoping the doctor I saw last Wed was just going to tell me it’s anxiety and not to worry but she did a few tests, said she wasn’t concerned but referred me for a ct scan which she said would take a couple of weeks to come through so I decided to book a private mri scan for Saturday just gone as I couldn’t stand waiting for that long but then the next day I got a call to get me booked in so I arranged it for tomorrow morning thinking I’d have the private mri results back by now and I could cancel but I haven’t so I’m going have to go to it now.

I’m so scared what tomorrow will bring, I don’t feel like I’m strong enough to deal with things. The back of my head is still really hurting even though it seemed to have eased off a bit yesterday and the day before.

Just an update in case anyone reads this but my mri cam back normal and there were no obvious issues causing my symptoms. However, as is the nature of the beast with health anxiety I’ve moved on to several other cancers since then even though I promised myself that I’d it came back normal I would be happy and could move on.

Thread Information