Thread: What do you make of this situation and how would you deal with it?

What do you make of this situation and how would you deal with it?

So, I have been accused of sleeping with my best friends ex wife by my best friend himself!
    About a month ago they split up.
    About a week ago he messaged me saying he had been told by a close friend at work that me and his ex wife and been seen together, I denied it (as I have not met her), I asked three times who this close work mate was and he avoided the question on all three occasions, all he called him by was ‘he’ (remember that as this is where it gets a bit confusing)
    Today, he has now messaged again, saying that the same work person has said I was liking all her photos on facebook and ‘SHE’ (the close work mate but the ‘he’ is now a ‘she’) had been told by ‘’someone else’’ that we were sleeping together. I still have his ex wife as a friend on facebook as I do not really use it. I went on her profile to see what photos I had apparently liked and there was none.
    Now, this is where it is bugging me,
    I am very a quiet person, I work from home on my own little business and speak to 3 people outside of my family circle, my best friend being one of them. I do not go out drinking in pubs and clubs etc so it wouldn’t of come from any drunken night out. Very few people know me or would have any reason to spread stuff about me.
    I am not getting a real explanation as to who is spreading this stuff about me as he refuses to give any names and the story keeps changing.
    Also, I have not seen his ex wife for over a year which was at his birthday party.
    I am just looking for some advice as to what they make of this situation or how to deal with it?

Re: What do you make of this situation and how would you deal with it?

Being that it was a recent split, I wonder if your friend is going through a lot of stress and is perhaps a bit paranoid, or wanting to lash out and needs a target.

I don't think there's much to do besides reach out to your friend and let him know that his "source" is incorrect, you haven't so much as spoken to his ex-wife, and you wouldn't do something as low as pursue his ex behind his back anyway. If you are able, you can offer to be a listening ear if he needs someone to talk to, but only if he truly trusts you and will drop the accusations. After that, the ball is in his court.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information