Thread: Insomnia!

Insomnia!

I’ve not been sleeping too good since the start of the year after having 2 weeks off for xmas. But these past few weeks it’s turned into actual insomnia where I keep waking up throughout the night. Its come to a point where I think about how (crap) I’m going to sleep in the night and I end up dreading going to bed. This in turn makes me wake up after a few hours then I lie there tossing and turning thinking how much of a mess I’m going to be at work! Can anybody share any tips on how to overcome this please.

Re: Insomnia!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

What helps me is knowing that laying quietly is almost as good as sleep. Listening to soothing podcasts can also help.

Appreciate the replies as always.

I’ve had this in the past but usually after a few bad nights a good sleep arrives and I’m back to normal. Last night was awful although I did get some sleep probably 4 hours in total. But was definitely awake for at least 2 hours tossing and turning getting anxious and wound up!

It’s a battle of the mind more than anything.

For me I find the best thing to do is not lie there. I get up and read and then go back to bed. I feel like it relaxes my brain so that I can nod off again.

Another terrible night hardly slept. Although I tried hard to relax and let it go my heart was still racing a little. Gave in this morning and made an appointment with my GP. I know it’s the worries of not being able to sleep and effects of poor sleep is what’s making it all worse.

I love going to bed now that I have found I like audiobooks. I may not sleep much but I can listen to a good book and relax. Actually I sleep more than I think because suddenly there is a couple of chapters passed and so remember none of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Justme1970 View Post
    I love going to bed now that I have found I like audiobooks. I may not sleep much but I can listen to a good book and relax. Actually I sleep more than I think because suddenly there is a couple of chapters passed and so remember none of it!
    Thanks Something I should try I guess. So far nons of the sleep hygiene tips such as not using my phone 1 hour before bed and sleeping earlier have not helped.

Another rough night last night, tossed and turned loads and didn’t fall asleep until sunrise. I was fairly relaxed up until each time I felt as if I was going to doze off my heart would start thumping. I will be speaking to my doctor about this.

However there is a positive. I was fearing that my brain had ‘forgotten’ how to fall asleep or I had some crazy brain disorder. Obviously not the case seeing I fell asleep eventually. Something to build on.

Thread Information