Thread: I just need support

I just need support

Since losing my husband suddenly on Feb 23rd I feel like my whole world has just ended and I am worried that I am just going to have a complete breakdown and collapse. I can't imagine how I am going to look after my kids and go back to work when I can't even put one foot in front of the other.
    I know nobody can help or offer any advice. I just don't think I can do this and it feels like it's going to destroy me.
    I have an appointment with my Dr on Tuesday but what can they do?

Re: I just need support

It's still very early days cattia.
    I know it will be difficult for you to realise but you will get through this very dark time. Your kids will keep you going in many ways. You just have to take one day at a time, even one hour at a time. And if can, spend some time sitting out in the garden as the weather improves. Just sit and be. You are stronger than you think. You'll get through this. x

Cruse offer bereavement support. You could give them a ring and talk it all out.

As Carnation says, it’s is extremely early days. But you are coping. Each day you get up and look after your children and see the day out, you are coping. No one expects you to be coping brilliantly, sailing through the days. That’s unrealistic at a time like this.
    Maybe your doctor can point you in the direction of bereavement services. Talk to the doctor, tell them everything. They are there for more than coughs and colds.
    You know that saying…..when you are going through hell, keep going. It’s true. Let us know what the doctor said and maybe consider giving cruse a bell.

Ghost…Spillways

I know no one can make this better for you but we can be here to listen. I hope your doctor might be able to give some practical advice and support you can access. You will get through this.

Thank you. This is just so hard, I don't feel I have the strength to get through it.

Thread Information