Thread: Had some cavity fillings done at dentist and ever since, I’ve had worrying symptoms.

Had some cavity fillings done at dentist and ever since, I’ve had worrying symptoms.

I was fine going into the dentist appointment and I had x-rays, examination done of my mouth. And I had 2 fillings done in my upper right corner of my mouth.

Well, ever since, it feels “raw” up there like there’s something there but there isn’t. When I put my tongue up to my gums up to that corner, it really aches. Heck, touching my outer check from that area area hurts. Parts of my jaw line ache at times too.

Is this normal? It’s been a few days so maybe it’ll go away in time. I should mention that I have gum disease and I’m due for a deep cleaning next week.

Perhaps my gums are especially irritated from the fillings and such? Because I was fine prior to them so I try reasoning with myself that is the answer.

But what if it’s an infection or something worse like cancer? I did have a sandpaper like feeling on my inner cheek but that’s gone. It’s just in the gums where something is weird and achy up there.

Re: Had some cavity fillings done at dentist and ever since, I’ve had worrying sympto

Give the dentist who did the fillings a call. It's almost certainly something minor from the procedure. I had to get a lot of dental work last year, had an infection after a filling and they fixed it up straight away. Don't google dental infections, because as with anything you'll get a nice collection of weird horror stories. The vast vast VAST majority of them either resolve on their own or can be easily fixed by a dentist.

Re: Had some cavity fillings done at dentist and ever since, I’ve had worrying sympto

Quote Originally Posted by Mocadona View Post
    Give the dentist who did the fillings a call. It's almost certainly something minor from the procedure. I had to get a lot of dental work last year, had an infection after a filling and they fixed it up straight away. Don't google dental infections, because as with anything you'll get a nice collection of weird horror stories. The vast vast VAST majority of them either resolve on their own or can be easily fixed by a dentist.
    I plan on asking about it when I go back and perhaps they'll check to make sure things are okay. I mean, they'll have to anyways because I have to have a deep cleaning which will include the area of my mouth that's bothering me a little bit.

I'm thinking it's just gum irritation mostly.

Great, sounds like it's all in hand!

Thread Information