Thread: Bubble/skin tag thing next to hymen

Bubble/skin tag thing next to hymen

Hey ladies, my obsessive checking has lead me to find something a bit embarrassing. It’s right beside the opening to my vagina….so close, that I thought it might be a hymen skin tag.
    When I hold a hand mirror and shine my torch, it does kinda look like a pinky skin tag, but when I change angles or stretch it out, , it sorta looks more like an orange bubble.
    It isn’t at all painful or causing any symptoms, and I wouldn’t have found it if I didn’t have a “genital wart” paranoia after finding a skin tag on my labia a few weeks ago.
    It’s about the size of a pea, and quite soft and flappy.
    But the orange colour when looking at it from a certain angle and stretching the skin out, has scared me.
    Could it be a cyst? Infection? STI? HPV? Cancer?
    Please can anyone reassure me.
    I’m 40, and had same partner for almost half my life. I trust him and don’t believe he would have cheated. I’ve never had a vaginal birth.
    Should I worry about this?

Note to add, i first noticed it about 10 days ago and its showing no signs of going away
    Last edited by Limeslime; 24-03-24 at 19:11.

Re: Bubble/skin tag thing next to hymen

Probably a cyst, it’s quite a common place to get them. But maybe get your dr to have a look of it’s still there in a week or so. Not that I’m suggesting it’s anything sinister, but good to get it checked anyway.

Re: Bubble/skin tag thing next to hymen

Thanks scass. I’m trying to convince myself that it is just a hymnal tag, and that maybe it’s all my prodding that has given it that orange hue. I’ll keep an eye on it. I guess there isn’t much point in getting it checked if I don’t think it’s sinister anyway. I’m getting my smear in a few weeks so atleast I can find out about HPV then. But if that comes back clear, then it’ll either be a cyst or my hymen, and either way nothing to worry about unless it changes.
    (HA coping mechanism is to talk myself down these days haha - after the initial panic anyway) would you agree that plan sounds reasonable?

Thread Information