Thread: Sulfur water

Sulfur water

I’m on the last leg of a long road trip and just stopped somewhere for lunch. I took a sip of my fountain soda and it tastes bad and smelled horribly of sulfur. Now I’m worried the water was contaminated and I’ll get sick in some middle of nowhere town (we’re 10 hour drive from home still). I think I’m just exhausted from this trip and don’t have my regular defenses to not panic about this. Need some reassurance and good vibes.

Re: Sulfur water

I am sure you will be fine.

No idea what fountain soda is though.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Like when you get a soda at a fast food place, from the dispenser - soft drink dispenser? I just leaned soda fountain isn’t a term used in the UK!

I wonder if it could have been the ice? I can’t recall if those fountains just carbonate the tap water or not, in which case it could be that. I think it’s similar to what happens to wells sometimes when the water isn’t treated properly - but it takes quite a bit for you to actually get sick. Probably best to not keep drinking it but one sip is unlikely to hurt.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I wonder if it could have been the ice? I can’t recall if those fountains just carbonate the tap water or not, in which case it could be that. I think it’s similar to what happens to wells sometimes when the water isn’t treated properly - but it takes quite a bit for you to actually get sick. Probably best to not keep drinking it but one sip is unlikely to hurt.
    Thanks, Poppy - Yeah, I'm guessing it was well water after a bit more searching. I discovered the sulfer bacteria is actually not harmful and that humans are just uniquely able to smell it in even very small quantities, which was interesting. I ended up being fine, obviously. But, this "vacation" of mine was a reminder of how fatigue can really start opening the anxiety gates! I was probably at my least anxious in a LONG time in the months leading up to our road trip, but as the days went on it just started creeping in even though I was actually having a great time! Now I just need to force myself to actually rest a bit!

Thread Information