Hi
I am a 56 year old woman and about 8/9 years ago found out that my long standing cough and throat clearing was most likely being caused by silent reflux. Had a clear scope and given PPI’s nothing much improved my cough and I took medication on and off for 5 or 6 years. About 18 months ago I had another scope and all clear. My cough was a lot better then about Christmas my cough came back with vengeance and I was planning on see dr re this but life got in the way. Then last week I got what I thought was heart burn but it lasted all night and through the next day and each time I swallowed (even saliva) I got really bad pain bottom of my oesophagus end up at ED and they think I had inflamed my oesophagus gave some medication but now I am terrified that my silent reflux has caused cancer as I have never had pain swallowing. I also have pain in my mid back And just read about someone having clear scope then 10 months later she has cancer. I still have primary age child and so scared this is the Big C