Thread: Big Toe Pain

Big Toe Pain

Hi everyone.

I think I hurt my big toe maybe a few weeks ago but can't remember how so not 100% sure and it's been hurting a bit on and off so not thought to much of it. I've just started to worry a bit more about it as in the mornings can be quite painful and tends to wear off later on in the day so all sorts is starting to go through my mind. I've been getting some tingling and pins and needles in my feet this evening so my MS fear is coming back again. There is also a very small bump not like a hard lump just a little bump under the toe nail. Or could it be diabetes? bone cancer?

My health anxiety is very bad at the moment and my anxiety in general is really bad. I've had a really tough few years from being in an abusive relationship for 12 years which I ended almost 2 years ago and since then I have had to raise our son with special needs completely alone and as I'm on my own without any other adults and not having any company in the evenings I think my mind goes a bit crazy and I'm left with my own thoughts a lot. I really want to get out of this health anxiety hole.

I'm 37 and also think I'm perimenopausal so also have my hormones going a bit crazy.

Anyone had toe pain like this before?

Thanks in advance for any responses, It's always appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Louise

Re: Big Toe Pain

Hi again. I'm really freaking out this evening. My big toe is really worrying me tonight. It's a bit red just under where the toe nail, i tend to feel pain when it knocks something or I touch it. Where the red bit is it feels numb.

Anyone had anything like this? I'm also getting tingling and pins and needles in my hands and feet and now I'm feeling dizzy and off balance which might where I'm becoming so anxious and panicky.

Please any ideas on this? I'm freaking out it might be diabetes.

Please reply

Louise. Xx

In the 17 years you've been on the forum. have you ever been diagnosed with your worst fear or anything serious?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No I know but I just have these constant what if thoughts. I'm just really worried about my toe. The main pain is coming from a very small red dot just under the nail also the nail looks a bit white and looks like it's sinking into the toe. Anyone had anything like this and it not been serious? It's just that constant what if its diabetes, what if its heart disease, what if its melanoma under the toe nail.

Xxxx

Sometimes I find if my mind is racing to all sorts of conclusions it helps to pick one disease it could be. Say to yourself it can't be MS, diabetes AND bone cancer... So tell yourself you will only allow yourself to worry about one and rule the other two out. This can kind of reset your mind and force a bit of logic into the situation.

Toes are notoriously slow at healing so if you did bang it that's most likely what's causing the pain, but I can't diagnose you from a written description, sorry.

Thread Information