Thread: High Blood Pressure Feeling Scared Again?

High Blood Pressure Feeling Scared Again?

I seen my doctor on Friday about dizzy spells I’d been having for a week and she did all the necessary tests, and everything seemed fine, except my blood pressure was a little up, I think it was 129/88 or something, but again I thought it might have just been white coat syndrome and the dizziness would eventually go away. Anyway, my parents both have some sort of chest infection or virus, which I inevitably got. It literally hit me Saturday like a brick. I ended up in the out of hours doctor centre, where he did all the tests, pulse, oxygen, ears, blood pressure, all was okay, he said I did have virus or something, I was half paying attention, because he was concerned about my diastolic blood pressure. My blood pressure at the out of hours doctor was 123/90, which really freaked me out and now I’m super fixated on the diastolic blood pressure.

Anyway, he gave me some antibiotics for whatever this virus is that my parents have too. Dioxcycline 100mg for a week. I’m on day 3 and already feel much better in terms of cough, sore throat etc. However, I’m still having some dizziness, my mum has said she’s had headaches, and I’ve had sharp pains but not headaches. I’m really scared the dizziness is being caused by the blood pressure?

im 36 hrs old and I do have really bad health anxiety, and it has been on and off all year horrendously. Back at the end of January, I had ecgs and thorough blood tests, all came back normal, I have a thread about the issues I was having with PVCs, which haven’t been bothering me since this virus, but haven’t had them since Saturday when they were very bad. I read online about diastolic being related to hypothyroidism, and I have that but am on medication and my bloods were all fine, because my doctor did extra blood tests after the hospital and all was normal.

im just feeling extremely anxious tonight after taking my blood pressure with my wrist monitor and it reading 123/91. I suddenly felt overwhelmingly panicky and my heart rate rocketed and felt hot and clammy. I’ve relaxed a bit now but am still feeling pretty scared. I’m extremely scared about my blood pressure and aortic aneurysms and strokes etc because of it. I mean is that extremely high? My mum said she’s had extremely high blood pressure and not to worry, but I can’t stop feeling worried, especially with time dizzy spells.

I don’t drink or smoke or have coffee or anything with lots of caffeine in it. I’ve still got a bit of a cough so maybe the virus is still lingering in my system and my body is raising my blood pressure as a fighting defence? And my anxiety too? Also - I’m on Half Bets Prograne slow release 80mg for my anxiety, so shouldn’t that help? I only took my dose 3 hours ago so not sure when it kicks in, just after my dinner. I also had a snack at half 7, so not sure if these are affecting the results and I should wait until later to get another reading?

I dunno, sorry again for bothering anyone with this, I literally have no one to talk with this about and I won’t bother my mum about it because she’s still getting over her virus and I’m taking care of her so don’t want her to know how scared I am.

is that diastolic dangerous? I’m just so scared.

Re: High Blood Pressure Feeling Scared Again?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    I seen my doctor on Friday about dizzy spells I’d been having for a week and she did all the necessary tests, and everything seemed fine, except my blood pressure was a little up, I think it was 129/88 or something, but again I thought it might have just been white coat syndrome and the dizziness would eventually go away. Anyway, my parents both have some sort of chest infection or virus, which I inevitably got. It literally hit me Saturday like a brick. I ended up in the out of hours doctor centre, where he did all the tests, pulse, oxygen, ears, blood pressure, all was okay, he said I did have virus or something, I was half paying attention, because he was concerned about my diastolic blood pressure. My blood pressure at the out of hours doctor was 123/90, which really freaked me out and now I’m super fixated on the diastolic blood pressure.

Anyway, he gave me some antibiotics for whatever this virus is that my parents have too. Dioxcycline 100mg for a week. I’m on day 3 and already feel much better in terms of cough, sore throat etc. However, I’m still having some dizziness, my mum has said she’s had headaches, and I’ve had sharp pains but not headaches. I’m really scared the dizziness is being caused by the blood pressure?

im 36 hrs old and I do have really bad health anxiety, and it has been on and off all year horrendously. Back at the end of January, I had ecgs and thorough blood tests, all came back normal, I have a thread about the issues I was having with PVCs, which haven’t been bothering me since this virus, but haven’t had them since Saturday when they were very bad. I read online about diastolic being related to hypothyroidism, and I have that but am on medication and my bloods were all fine, because my doctor did extra blood tests after the hospital and all was normal.

im just feeling extremely anxious tonight after taking my blood pressure with my wrist monitor and it reading 123/91. I suddenly felt overwhelmingly panicky and my heart rate rocketed and felt hot and clammy. I’ve relaxed a bit now but am still feeling pretty scared. I’m extremely scared about my blood pressure and aortic aneurysms and strokes etc because of it. I mean is that extremely high? My mum said she’s had extremely high blood pressure and not to worry, but I can’t stop feeling worried, especially with time dizzy spells.

I don’t drink or smoke or have coffee or anything with lots of caffeine in it. I’ve still got a bit of a cough so maybe the virus is still lingering in my system and my body is raising my blood pressure as a fighting defence? And my anxiety too? Also - I’m on Half Bets Prograne slow release 80mg for my anxiety, so shouldn’t that help? I only took my dose 3 hours ago so not sure when it kicks in, just after my dinner. I also had a snack at half 7, so not sure if these are affecting the results and I should wait until later to get another reading?

I dunno, sorry again for bothering anyone with this, I literally have no one to talk with this about and I won’t bother my mum about it because she’s still getting over her virus and I’m taking care of her so don’t want her to know how scared I am.

is that diastolic dangerous? I’m just so scared.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I recently had similar.
    I had an operation in January and afterwards for a few weeks my pulse rate was up and blood pressure similar readings to yours. I took felt dizzy and had a headache.
    I was panicking but hospital said it's ok and body reaction to procedure plus my own anxiety.

It took a few weeks to settle. Your anxiety plus not having felt well is likely to raise BP and make you dizzy.

Your readings arent dangerously high at all. You will be fine xx

Sorry for late reply @Helena1982 yeah, I calmed down eventually last night and think I just fell asleep so didn’t check my blood pressure again. My anxiety and stress of late is probably not helping and I’m forgetting that I’m still on antibiotics for the virus I have, and need to give my system enough time to get back to normal as I’ve still got a cough and some mild headaches. Thanks for replying

I’m feeling very scare again about my blood pressure. I’m worried the dizziness is being caused by very high blood pressure, I’m afraid of it causing a stroke or heart attack. When I went Doctors 2 weeks ago, blood pressure was a little high, think it was 131/90, which could been due to me getting s virus the next day as I said above. Then I went to out of hours doctors day or two later and my bp was 123/90. The diastolic was high, and I don’t know if the wrist monitor I have is accurate but they don’t seem high.

im just feeling very scared and anxious right now. I started taking the medicine my doctor prescribed 2 weeks ago, yesterday, called Betshistine Dihydrochloride 8mg. Take 3x a day, so far it’s not helped but did read it takes a while.

I can’t take my focus away from it during the day or night when I get the dizzy spells, like the sensation of fullness behind my ears or a weird woozy/ balance sensation. It comes and goes and comes and goes. Sometimes I get sharp little jabs in my head, very seldom but still. I thought being on the half bets Prograne I-mgr slow release would help with high blood pressure?

But I’m really starting to panic as I’ve had it now for 3 weeks and although some days it’s not as bad, other days it’s bad. Today has been in between, and that is adding to me stressing and being anxious. Worrying about what terrible things it could be or if it’s high bp and strokes and heart attacks because of it.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 12-04-24 at 22:49.

You haven’t posted a single high blood pressure reading. All of those are normal.

@Flapj I thought a diastolic of 90 was high? I thought that was considered high. Thanks for replying!

No. 90 is fine. Diastolic is not the important number anyway. You are worrying over normal BP.

@Flapj Hi, I worry about every thing, that’s probably my biggest problem lol! Thanks for getting back to me!

How ironic that I had a BP reading similar to yours at my docs on Friday and me and my GP were both absolutely fine with it.

Health anxiety really is the devil isn't it?

@Jase Yeah, sometimes we can become hyper fixated and not actually believe something until we get out of that state of fixation. It’s a struggle with health anxiety that’s for sure.

Thread Information