Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Escitalopram to duloxetine

Re: Escitalopram to duloxetine

Thanks no I’ve been in ads pretty constant for quite a long time but I usually start them when I’m in crisis and gradually things have got better but usually when the ‘perceived’ crisis is resolved but I have carried on taking the ads I was on sertraline for about 18 months then doctor changed it to escitalopram as I was feeling very flat and had no emotions that was in December 22 then I had a health issue from March to October but that is now resolved but the anxiety hasn’t settled like it normally would I’ve been passed around the mental health system since September and this medication review was the outcome and this is what he suggested he wasn’t very encouraging about therapy which I think I need alongside medication I started the duloxetine yesterday and apart from a very dry mouth don’t think anything else has cropped up yet ������

Quote Originally Posted by smogie View Post
    I started the duloxetine yesterday and apart from a very dry mouth don't think anything else has cropped up yet
    While there are never any guarantees with AD side-effects there is a good chance the dry mouth will be as bad as it gets.

Thanks for your responses what is your opinion on snris and ssris? Do you think one is harsher than another or harder to come off read a lot of opposing views

Quote Originally Posted by smogie View Post
    what is your opinion on snris and ssris? Do you think one is harsher than another or harder to come off read a lot of opposing views
    The SNRIs are typically harder to come off of because they all have short half-lives. Added problems with duloxetine are that it has no active metabolites to extend its activity and because it is deactivated by stomach acid it is difficult, although not impossible, to wean off in smaller steps than the differences of the available pill doses which can be too be too big a drop for some. Many find switching to the very long half-life SSRI fluoxetine (Prozac) and then weaning off it is easier.

The above said, as per my earlier post if duloxetine works well for you then consider staying on it permanently.

Thankyou day three and going well so far 🙏🙏

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information