Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When you have real symptoms??

Re: When you have real symptoms??

Thank you for asking

I saw my Dr last week and he wasn’t concerned but he’s sending my for a non urgent u/ next week. That area has always been lumpy but I don’t know if this particular spot is new as I really avoid touching and even when I tried my usual way of checking I don’t feel it (I have to move around to feel it) so it really was a fluke I felt it at all.

For years I’ve been stressing about pain, armpit pain, boils, heat rashes, it’s just been too much. It feels like I’m always worried about something in this area.

It’s been two weeks of up & down. I’ve found a therapist who specializes in OCD & HA so that’s been good and I know I need to start the meds which I will do but I don’t want to start anything while I’m this anxious. I’m walking as much as I can and talking and when I’m busy I can forget about it for an hour or so but the panic is always there. Im sleeping at least but then waking up to that wave of worry.

I’m so scared they will send me for more tests. I honestly don’t think I can handle more worrying - my therapist even reminded me how all of this cortisol is not a good thing for my body. I hate this so much and am scared it will be more and just praying it’s nothing to be worried about.

Would love to hear some good news stories!!!
    Last edited by sel123; 19-04-24 at 13:17.

Struggling today. My US is only 4 days away and I’m having such a hard time. There’s a huge part of me that doesn’t want to go which logically doesn’t make sense but I know that’s not going to help anything and the anxiety will definitely not go away. Trying to be engaged in the weekend but all I really want to do is stay in my room and cry. I just can’t believe Im here again and a “bump”‘isn’t something I can pass off as anxiety so that’s making everything worse. We have so many plans for the summer and I just don’t see anything happening now. Sorry for the vent but it helps to just write it down and I know this group gets it, in ways that no one else does. Hope anyone struggling is having a better day today. xo

I think everything will be just fine ☺️ I’m sorry you’re struggling and I get it, really I do. Just try to keep in mind that if this IS anything - and I believe your doctor that it isn’t - you will have caught it so extremely early! I know the waiting is the worst part and hope you can find some peace going into your scan. It’ll be fine!

Also, thank you for the book recommendation - I ordered a copy after seeing your post and Amazon delivered it yesterday.

Thank you for the kind words!!

I’m so happy to hear you ordered the book! It’s incredibly helpful. I hope it is for you as well!

I'm sorry the emergency doctor was so rude to you. While she may have been frustrated, overworked, whatever, it's absolutely no excuse. It costs nothing to show a little bit of kindness and empathy; especially to somebody who is visibly struggling! You'd think somebody who works in the healthcare profession would know that.

From what you've told us, I think you'll be absolutely fine and I'm sure the ultrasound will confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    That's not the case here. Urgent care is for 'URGENT' issues. This was not 'urgent'. Clear tests and a history of fibrocystic breasts affirm that. If the OP was that concerned, a call to her doctor and not rushing off to 'urgent' care would have been in order. I'm with the urgent care doctor on this one and depending on how busy the clinic was, she had actual cases and patients to see. The pattern of HA sufferers that visit urgent care clinics, ERs, getting unnecessary tests and such due to their fears and ramping up the dragon with Dr. Google is well documented here and has nothing to do with the things you mentioned.

Getting help for the real issue (anxiety/HA/OCD) is the best solution.

FMP
    Agreed FMP.

Not saying OP is at fault. Anxiety is dreadful when you're in the thick of it. I'm convinced anxiety is part of the OCD spectrum.

One time on this forum I was in a bad state for weeks. Members here seen me getting worse. I told the forum I was going to A&E because of my ectopic heartbeats. Everyone told me it's anxiety, and not to bother, but I went anyway. Complete waste of time.

Urgent care, and A&E, will not deal with any issue that isn't an emergency. My Dad was in pain when his cancer was visibly growing and he called an ambulance. A&E sent him back home because there was nothing they could do except administer pain medications and wait for his oncologist to get back to him. At the time I thought this was disgusting, but I learned that there was nothing A&E could do for him.

It's important to remember, if you're not in a life threatening state, or you're not injured, there is nothing urgent care or A&E can do for you.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I'm a few chapters in and it's so crazy how it describes exactly what goes on in my head during an HA episode! I can see it being even more helpful when I'm not reading it while in the throes of one - the advice is good, but I'm not sure I'm as receptive as I could be at the moment

I felt the same - the book really describes the challenges of living with an anxious mind! Definitely easier to implement when you’re not in an anxious state. I keep reminding myself that when I’m not anxious is when I need to be doing all the work so I can better handles these situations when I’m struggling.

Hope your having a better day!

How are you today, Sel? Is your ultrasound today?

Thank you for checking in!

I got the all clear at my ultrasound today.

Breathing a sigh of relief, now committed to working on my anxiety & OCD with my therapist and medication. It’s been 9 years of this - time to make some lasting changes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information