Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowel Cancer fear

Re: Bowel Cancer fear

Well it seems doctors upload results on weekends sample negative for bacteria etc so now I’m petrified it’s something worse

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyW84 View Post
    Well it seems doctors upload results on weekends sample negative for bacteria etc so now I’m petrified it’s something worse
    I understand, but still most likely IBS

Hiya

What’s your diet like? I’ve found that if I eat processed crap and drink alcohol mine passings are not solid etc due to lack of fibre.

I have cut the junk out and eating more whole foods, drinking only 0% alcohol free and noticed things are more solid etc.

Keep positive, you’ve done the right thing getting checked out by a doctor

Hi Angler, funny you should mention the zero alcohol as I tried this last novemeber this is the first time I remember getting the horrendous noises followed by water stools. It happened twice so I didn’t drink it again. Then about 6 weeks ago I had the sudden urge to go when out walking and had to rush home, it happened a couple more times in the next few weeks but I found that I could attribute that to either a couple of glasses of wine or spicy food. I have put on a lot of weight since lock down and booked my first abroad holiday with my teenage children for July so decided I would start ww it was going ok for a week and then after a meal out Easter Sunday of just chicken and jacket (no wine) but I did eat a pot of spicy sauce (and half my dads) I had the urgent need to go on the walk home. That then started my anxiety and when my anxiety is high I can’t really eat and mid week that week I woke with morning water stools. Nothing again until the Saturday morning after a chicken shish kebab and wine. Then in continued for nearly a week although I was away that week and had a couple of glasses and not much food. Long story sorry but when I got back I haven’t had any wine and although some days I have had soft stool there was no water ones for about 5 days. Friday it came back as water and has been since. My diet since my anxiety hasn’t been great I just can’t eat so when I do it’s not the best. I am going to try plain rice and chicken for the next couple of days but even the thought of eating is sending me into a mess. Sorry for the long detailed post I just feel like I need to write it down somewhere. Thank you for replying

Just thought I’d give a quick update, spoke to the doctor yesterday he said it sounds like ibs, I said is that possible without the pain and he said yes, I’ve had bloods taken today and got to send some more samples in for more tests so he can rule out all the other serious issues as said can’t give diagnosis without ruling everything else out. So fingers crossed 🤞

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information