Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all wordsmiths!

Calling all wordsmiths!

For my mom’s birthday, we are getting her a bench to put out in the pasture next to a creek where our dogs, especially one who passed a couple of years ago, liked to swim. Chisum likes to swim there now so we often walk out there, but my mom ends up sitting on the ground or a rock, so a bench will be a welcome addition.

Anyway, I’m having a memorial plaque made and I am struggling with the last line. Here is what I currently have:

”Forever where the sun always shines and the creeks perpetually flow”

(the statement being in reference to Sophie/the other dogs having gone to such a magical place).

I’ve tried to rework the wording a few times but it doesn’t seem to flow quite how I’d like it to. Any thoughts? I know we have some great writers here!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Calling all wordsmiths!

Fishman? You are needed. This is your bag

So its just one more line you need Poppy? Obviously it can't be too long if it's going on a plaque. Give me a while. Am I allowed to alter the line you have?

Will have to get back to you on this Poppy, Mrs F not good with epilepsy. I'll be back.

No worries, fishman, I’m grateful for the help and I hope all is well with Mrs. F.

I’m hoping for a rework of the line I have, or something with a similar sentiment.

Hi Poppy. We have to go look at headstones today. So anticipatory anxiety is up. However I promise to get back to you.

Speak later.

Just had a thought.....

You don't want it too long otherwise it won't fit on the plaque or the words will be too small to read.
    The line you wrote poppy is good in itself and already has the word 'Forever' in it.
    Although fishman is good at poetry.
    Hope today goes well for you today and Mrs fishman is ok.

Forever where the creeks do flow and beneath a warming sun,
    there play the spirits of our pets, eternal do they run.

Is that a bit closer Poppy? I have to go soon, I just hate any kind of 'meeting'.

Thank you Carnation and Fishman - that modified line is exactly what I was envisioning. I knew I came to the right place.

I’ll be thinking of you - I can’t imagine it will be easy, but I know you’ll manage. You don’t have to go alone do you? Hopefully anyone that comes along can be helpful. Or were helpful, since I think I’m getting to this late.

Hope Mrs. F. is feeling better too.

Well that pleases me Poppy, I didn't want to do those lovely dogs a disservice. In all honesty I'm worried about our black lab. She's an old girl now and her walks have gradually become slower and shorter. I won't let her suffer, but right now she doesn't appear to be in pain. I dread the day though...

Mrs F has slept today while I went to the headstone makers with my youngest daughter. All sorted but the anxiety wasn't good. But then again when is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information