Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tooth extraction

Tooth extraction

Hi yesterday I had several teeth removed and a denture fitted this morning my face and top lip is very swollen and it has sent me into a panic I’m worried my throat will swell up and I won’t be able to breathe please help
    if you can I’m having palpitations too

Re: Tooth extraction

Swelling anywhere on the face is completely normal after a tooth extraction and especially after a large procedure like yours! It would be a bit strange if there wasn't to be honest. I remember my dentist telling me it's literally just part of the healing process. My swelling at the end of last year when I had two teeth out was horrendous but I didn't worry because it was totally normal.

The throat swelling fear and palpitations is just your anxiety going into overdrive. You're absolutely fine.

Rest and take it easy over the coming days.

Thankyou I’m trying to stay calm taking it easy and using cold compress this anxiety is hell

In 2022 I had one tooth removed, upper right side of my mouth. For a few days, nearly a week I had slight swelling around my cheekbone and my upper lip was swollen too. Keep using the cold compress and take it easy, it took me a couple of days to feel a bit more normal and that was after one tooth was removed!

Thankyou with this health anxiety do you sometimes feel that something happens that feels like the last straw ����

Quote Originally Posted by smogie View Post
    Thankyou with this health anxiety do you sometimes feel that something happens that feels like the last straw ����
    I did previously but I've got a bit better at handling myself when I panic. Try to take your mind off it, I watched a lot of travel videos on Youtube while I was recovering, it helped me keep my mind occupied.

My son came to see me and we went for a little walk I’ve been trying to nap as have had very little sleep for the last two days

It’s worse this morning wondering if I should go back to the dentist

I feel like it’s usually worst the day after so that sounds normal to me. But if you’re panicking, it may be helpful just to give the dentist a call and ask. Hope you feel better soon!

Thankyou I went back this morning and they gave me antibiotics I have a cracking black eye now it’s unbelievable ����

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information