Thread: fear of psychosis back after loong time

fear of psychosis back after loong time

Hi all,

I am Pure O sufferer and had fear to develop psychosis. Now all came back after few years fullblown I must say. All is connected that I will develop paranoia and such bull*** pop on my mind like that my daughter is evil, that my friends are against me etc and immediately when I get this thought I feel that I am moving to paranoid psychosis where I feel awful and stressed and I am afraid that will beleive in it and lose control and do something very bad ;(. I went to see therapist yesterday and he prescribed me Zoloft and advised that this is OCD and that I will never develop psychosis which calmed me down but today I googled and saw that OCD is often together with psychosis and one doctor mentioned that OCD very often move to schizophrenia.

So after this I cant calm myself and I am so scared that I am in prodormal phase

Re: fear of psychosis back after loong time

Hi there ...

I'm a fellow OCD patient and I know psychosis all too well myself, my body goes through changes as the seasons change so usually twice year I can count on dealing with this.

I'm not sure why a responsible doctor would say such an atrocious thing - that OCD very often (would) move to schizophrenia. I don't believe that and you need to remember when you google mental health you need to take what you read with a grain of salt and anybody can say they are a doctor. I understand why this would make you nervous but please don't believe in such, I've had OCD all my life and I'm in my 50's and its never progressed into a totally different disease, just comes and goes in severity. I'm not saying turning to the internet as a bad idea but just remember its always better to talk to your own treatment provider ... and even then there is no shortage of quacks out there and be prepared to be flexible and feel free to change providers when you feel you are given bogus advice. That being said: I do hope you feel better and good luck with the Sertraline - overall it was the best med for my situation when it was prescribed and it helped with a lot of symptoms.

Feel better and keep writing if that helps you here - we're here for you.

Best wishes,

Sal

Thanks Scissel for your answer and support!

Also Zoloft worked best form me..my first med was Seroxat and didnt work and I got a weight gain but after I switched to Zoloft all went very well and I had almost no intrusive thoughts at all and when I had them they were gone very fast.

I still dont understand why I cant start to beleive that I am not at risk as I have this problem more than 10 years and If I was at risk to develop schiz I would develop it already... but thoughts are so strong and persistent that i fell anxious all day and am so scared that this is it and that I will move to psychotc phase. Tomorrow I am travelling to important business trip and now I am anxious that I will snap there and lose control :(

You're welcome and I hope things improve for you soon.

I hope your business trip went alright.

Thread Information